Saba Island (The Island of Kong) - Endangered Coral Reefs of the World

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

soundfield

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello Fellow Divers,

This is my latest environmental awareness (short documentary) of Saba Island and endangered Coral Reefs of the World. It's beautiful to watch, but the story is a sad one. I hope you enjoy it, and that it motivates others to see the remaining living reefs of the world. "The clock is ticking and time waits for no man".

Diving Saba Island and insight into the endangered Coral Reefs of the World - YouTube

Shot with a Sony CX-150 in an Equinox HD6 housing, red filter and no artificial lights.

Enjoy!

Adam

Great video.

The statement you made about the FL Keys is true. I started diving in 1986 and have seen the change over the past 25+ years as well. My first encounter with a coral reef was snorkeling at Molasses Reef in Key Largo in August of 1984. I was only 12 yrs old. We took our boat to the reef and found a 400 ft freighter (The Wellwood) aground right in the middle of the reef. It was kinda weird having a massive ship 100 yards away from our little 15 footer. Anyways, since then I have noticed a decline in Coral and fish populations. Heck fishing around Florida now really sucks in comparison to when I was a kid.

It's a shame that such a beautiful resource is dwindling away. My generation may be the last to have lived in a somewhat normal world.

Yes, I'm on facebook and thanks for sharing my video. I have a few others shot with the Equinox HD6 if your interested, I'll sent you the links?

---------- Post added August 7th, 2013 at 01:15 PM ----------

It is sad and upsetting to say the least; I really don't see an answer to solving the problem either.. being realistic. So, let's get wet and see what we can that's still left to see and take video to show the next generation what they have missed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom