Saba/St Kitts live-aboard in December?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SassyScubaGal

Registered
Reaction score
In the heart of the Rocky Mountains, Colorado!
# of dives
We are thinking about booking the EV liveaboard at the end of Dec/start of Jan (Saba/St Kitts itineraries). I have read everything I could find on this site regarding Saba but have additional questions... Anyone know what the weather is like that time of year? Windy? Any other thoughts? We dove T&C a couple months ago on the Aggressor & got pounded by the wind (& were chilled pretty much the entire time.) I don't think I could talk my hubby into another week like that! Any other insights anyone else has regarding Saba & St Kitts are appreciated. Thanks.

I used to dive in Saba almost every year in early December in the 1990s to late 2000's. The last time was probably 6-7 years ago. The wind always seemed to blow from ESE at 10-15 MPH. It made the seas a bit choppy but not unbearable - granted, I was staying on land. The good thing is that most of the dive sites in Saba are off of the western side of the island, ie, the sheltered side, and as best as I can recall, the EV boat used to moor on that side.

Maybe you can ask one of the Saba dive operators down there by email about sea conditions around that time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom