Safety and Divemaster costs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did my Dm in Dahab last winter and I thought it was the perfect place for it. All of the shops there will take a walk in DM. I would recommend finding a place where there is only one or two trainees as you will be able to get much more experience. 6 weeks is a good amount of time for it. If you finished early often you could continue fun diving with the shop or rent two dollar tanks from the filling station and find a buddy as its easy to get to most of the shore dives. Have a blast over there, I did mine in the winter and negotiated the price of the course as this is a part of Egyptian culture you will soon find out.
If I were in your shoes, I would have done exactly the same :)

Dahab is an outstanding place, IMHO. And the way you handled it ensures fun in addition to training.

Sinai, you haven't read much have you? There's been a multinational force there to "observe" since the Carter era. When I was there in the mid 90's there were more Isreali's than Egyptians. Since then there have been countless head of state meetings there. Why? because of the Multinational Force of Observers that are based in Sharm el Sheik.
Also they ain't your friend they just want to see how much you'll haggle the price.

Back
Top Bottom