Saint Croix, USVI Trip Report......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Tom:

Glad I could help. I believe you will enjoy the trip. Don't forget to give Ed and Molly a call. They will take good care of you.

Happy Diving,
Roger

I'm heading down to dive with Ed in July. Can't wait!!! Thanks for getting me more excited than I already am :)

Niiiice trip report, thanks!!!

Is there much shore diving in St. Croix by chance?

Richard.
Absolutely! Yes!

Good question...and might be mutually exclusive. I'm off to bed now; please send me a PM about this and I'll get back to you about it. Not a lot of dog friendliness here. :(

Good question...and might be mutually exclusive. I'm off to bed now; please send me a PM about this and I'll get back to you about it. Not a lot of dog friendliness here. :(

Ok thank you

You can shore dive the Davis Wall at Davis Beach at the Carambola. It's a short 100 yd swim out and a great wall dive. The only resort/hotel on St Croix with a shore dive. The beach is public but if you're not staying at the Carambola the logistics could get tricky as you have to go through the resort to get to it. They have a dive op on site http://sweetbottomdive.com/ and I'm guessing if you rent gear or at least tanks from them (if not a dive guide) they will help you out and maybe get you into the parking lot.

I just dove Carambola the other day for the first time, friends who dive with them every week invited me and we had a great time. They bring a golf cart up to the parking lot for your gear, take you to the shop to set up or if you need to rent gear, then take you and gear to the beach. They of course appreciate if you get your air fills from them or rent tank and weights. My friends who go there weekly said there is no charge for the delivery service, so I tipped the young man who drove me around $10. A good deal in my opinion.

---------- Post added ----------

Deeper, I just ran a hotels.com search and it looks like the only pet friendly hotels are The Palms At Pelican Cove and Hibiscus Beach Resort. Not known for their beach diving. There are a bunch of pet friendly units on vrbo.com.

I just dove Carambola the other day for the first time, friends who dive with them every week invited me and we had a great time. They bring a golf cart up to the parking lot for your gear, take you to the shop to set up or if you need to rent gear, then take you and gear to the beach. They of course appreciate if you get your air fills from them or rent tank and weights. My friends who go there weekly said there is no charge for the delivery service, so I tipped the young man who drove me around $10. A good deal in my opinion.

---------- Post added ----------

Deeper, I just ran a hotels.com search and it looks like the only pet friendly hotels are The Palms At Pelican Cove and Hibiscus Beach Resort. Not known for their beach diving. There are a bunch of pet friendly units on vrbo.com.

Thnx vrbo seems the way to go.

I hope you come here before I move, would love to dive with you...can't believe I just missed you when I was in Key Largo!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom