Salt River Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ditto's on the congrats!!! Kris and Mindy are very good!!! You got some great training!!!

I got mine through Kris and Mindy Przeor. Great instructors. Great class. There were 4 of us in the class. I have to say that it was certainly the hardest and the best class I've taken. We were all pushed to our physical limits. I came away really knowing that I am prepared to act in the event of an emergency. I know what to do and how to keep myself safe. I highly recommend the class and these instructors.

Steve.

Thanks for the kind words Steve, all of you guys did a great job (Bill (PhxSki), Mark and Zach) and we had a blast teaching over the weekend!

I would also like to thank Kris and Mindy for the rescue class this last weekend. You are exceptional instructors and it was a sincere pleasure spending the weekend with you both as well as Steve, Mark, Zach and Michelle (Beth and Janet - shore support).

Again, thanks.

Bill

I just drove the Bush highway from Saguero Lake back into town. I only saw one bridge, then the tubing station, then a pull-out with parking and day access only that was closest to the Granite Reef Dam. Is that the Sheeps Crossing you're talking about?

The river looked great, wish I'd been able to dive it! Just like the Niagara River back home, only warmer...

I also drove up towards Roosevelt Dam, stopped at Apache Lake. Does anyone dive there, or are the boats too annoying?

Next time I'm in Phoenix, it's a river dive for me as well.

Sheeps Crossing is just downstream from the bridge - well before the Rec Center and several miles before Granite Reef.

Ok, I guess you'd park just north of the bridge in that parking lot that seemed to go quite a ways downstream?

No, it is the parking lot JUST BEFORE the bridge West side. If you blink you'll miss it. The name of the "Parking Lot" is very miss leading. If you look at the mountain there it is blue. The area used to be called Blue Point camp ground Because of the Blue Point. I still call it blue point. Just makes scens. The enterance is right in that turn as you aproch the bridge.
I noticed the gate was locked as I left around 12:30

Yes, for sure I blinked and missed it :wink:

Thanks, next time I'm in Phoenix....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom