SALVO REBEL LED's are here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's what I figured, but I know that both Cree and Seoul semiconductor have announced that they will be putting out similar mulit-die emmitters soon, wasn't sure if maybe you guys were using one of those. By all accounts the Osram ones are very nice! Excellent work as always I like the "sealed" form factor of the 12watt.

Very excited to see this technology in a commercial divelight!

Jake

They're working on getting pictures (maybe they need to wait for night time? :D)

They're working on getting pictures (maybe they need to wait for night time? :D)

Here is a picture of the 12 Watt LED on the left and the 10 Watt HID Focusable on the right. This is at a distance of 20'(6m).

10focus vs 12LED.jpg

The 10watt still looks like it has a brighter hot spot is this what you see in person?

Thanks
JT

If your ceiling tiles are a standard 2' wide, then it looks like the LED has a ~4' spread at 20'.

Nice even light.

Henrik

Hi Barry,

Nice to see one more ostar based diving lamp out there - may I ask some questions regarding your new LED Light? I´m working myself some time with the ostar emitter in my DIY projects (Mike´s Tauchseiten) and so I know the emitter and the market for optics and reflectors quite well for this little guy ;-)

The fotos aren´t quite high resolution, but I recognise the fraen ostar spot reflector, right? ;-)
How do you measure the 6 degree angle?
Then which kind of ostar are you using? The new "1000 Lumen" emitter (LE UW)? If yes, how do you get 5600 Kelvin out of this emitter, that is specified with 6500K? And as I see you cut of the build in silicone lens, right? ;-)

And last but not least - in april I´m writing a big LED diving lamp test for a well known german online magazine (dive inside). Your new rebel would fit perfect in the test range and can compete with all other ostar based lights availible worldwide. Interested? PM me! ;-)

greets from germany,
Mike

Cool Just when Im in the Market for a Travel size Primary Light

what are the benefits of the LED over HID's

my requirements are for a Medium to High output light not a Fish Fryer for Nightdives
and Light Wreck penetration..relatively compact..trouble free...
I dive Keys and Tropics occasionally north east...
Thank You

...cool! I'm in the market for a can LED light, and actually prefer the 'softer' (ie no death ray) beam of the LED's for my recreational/reef type diving......I find my existing 10W DR HID can, which works fine, is too intense for night dives ...with only one power setting @ 100%....and tends to scare/blind the night life...so I've been looking for a 'tunable' LED can light with multiple power settings.....low powers for night life spotting/high powers for an emergency/signaling situation......also want a can with a removable battery pack as although a fully sealed system like SOLUS uses looks appealing, the TSA and many foreign countries want to see battry packs disconnected/removed from dive lights for air travel, and I'd hate to have a $ 1000 - $ 2500 dive light confiscated because some local 3rd world airport screeners/officials can't easily prove the battery is safe/disabled.

Karl

Back
Top Bottom