Same topic...New Thread.....Deep Air, Strokes, ect....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by AquaTec
Jim I have a question for you?

I don't cave dive and know little about it. however I would like to try some caves in the Yukatan some time. and I have dove in a lot of lava tubes over the years

but back to my question.
1 - Why is there a limit to 130 depth in caves? it would seem that with the use of mixed gasses that the depth could be easily extended.

2 - the 130 ft depth is that on air, or do you put He in the bottom mix if you are going to 130ft.

3 - Is the 130ft an END or hard bottom depth

I read the post about the WKPP, but i agree they are explorers, just like wreck dives at 500ft, or deep dives at 1010ft.

this brings up another thought.
4 - if everything that WKPP is doing is taken as gospil then if they are diving deeper than 130 ft how come this is not aceptable.

5 - does GUE teach caveing deeper than 130

I know it's touchy subject to identify one group, and I don't want the answer to these questions focused on the one group. they were just pasing thoughts that are seperate than the first questions

Aquatec...

The 130' came about before He was readily available to the cave diving community. Now the generally accepted practice is 130' EAD. Dir goes a step further and recommends 100'. So in anwswer to your question, which was a good one, is that 130' for some and 100' for DIR EAD. The original rules were based on air - not mix.

BTW, thanks for the question.

GUE:
Cave I: Max depth 100'.
Cave II-III: Max END 100'. No set max depth.

NSS-CDS:
Intro: Max depth 100'.
Apprentice: Max depth 130'.
Full Cave: Max depth 130'.

NACD:
Intro: Max depth 100'
Full Cave: Max depth 130'.
Technical Full Cave: Max depth 170'.

- Warren

Jim Thanks

for your answer, it makes since the narcosis issue.

Today do they teach cave using He and therefor extend the depth limit
I see that GUE has no depth limit so that makes since as to the second half of my question

Originally posted by Uncle Pug

I see you had already posted that as such.

Not sure what you're saying here. Should I not have repeated myself (even though I really didn't)? My apologies for posting the same info, but was trying to clarify my statement with the actual GUE standard.

Obviously I'm new to this board, so any 'mistakes' I make, please point them out to me with constructive comments not cyrptic replies. Thanks!

--Patrick

Uncle Cryptic... :tease:

Hey Patmandu,

You will sooner or later post something just to find out that someone beat you to your intensely salient, and yet "original" point by a minute or two. OR, you find yourself completely contradicting someone in a way you would not have chosen to, IF you knew they were going to post their reply 14.6 milliseconds before you. This actually happened with UP and myself on the “Knot thread”.

U.P. and NetDoc,

My apologies, I misread/misunderstood U.P.'s post. See what skim reading can do to you? :)

I thought it was being pointed out that I double posted.......

Live and learn.

Thanks for being kind!

Patrick

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom