San Diego Buddy needed 7/25-27

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I attempted to send a reply through my phone, but for some reason it never got posted. I apologize in advance if my phone decides to post it later and it appears as a double post.

Regarding the dead sea lion - I didn't notice any injuries, but I also didn't poke around the carcass. The only noticeable thing was white discoloring around the tail and head - probably early stages of decomposition.

Regarding the shark - I was told that seven gill sharks are not at all afraid of divers, while the shark that we saw was extremely timid. Again I was told that this type of very timid behavior is more typical of soupfin sharks. All I can say is that it had a typical shark silhouette, not too thin, not too bulky, with a solid silver/gray color and somewhere around 5 to 6 feet in length. In any event it never got closer than 15 feet or so and I didn't get to observe enough details to make a positive identification. Nonetheless, it is always fun seeing sharks underwater.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom