San Diego Historical Society vintage diving photograph collection

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

David Wilson

Contributor
Reaction score
CONTENTdm Search Results
I don't know whether this gallery of photos is familiar to everyone. I've only just chanced upon myself while doing more online research on vintage suits and finding pictures such as the following:

Pirelli Suit, 1951-52
8723820782007_caljsioa_82-3702240001_m.jpg

Early wet suit, 1951-52
4193920782007_caljsioa_82-3702240009_m.jpg

Front-entry Aquala suit
714523562007_caljsioa_mc862241605-4-31_m.jpg

There are 155 pictures, all of them relating to vintage diving. Some of the photos have been dated, which is always a help to the diving equipment historian. Hope the find is of some interest.

This is a great collection--it is the first time I have seen vintage Russian double hose regulators in use. It also shows the Russian 1960s equipment used in ice diving. That, to me, is very interesting. Thank you for posting this collection.

SeaRat

thank you for the information - it is fascinating to see the vintage gear! also the looks of the divers generally is interesting.

amazing to thonk how far we have come from rather simple rubber suits to the gear we use today!

feldman

Cool pictures. Diving in California pre-wetsuits must have been something else. The ones pictured couldnt have insulated very well. Burrrrrrrr. Thanks for posting.

Back
Top Bottom