San Diego - November

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaWalt

Registered
Reaction score
I am flying to San Diego the 1st weekend in November for work that next week. I am from the GA-FL area, and I have only been diving for a year. What are the conditions like that time of year, wetsuit? dry suit? Any operators with easy access? Any one-stop-shop charter and dive shops that would make a weekend resort-like accommodations for me?
Any help appreciated!
Thanks!

Water temps are usually in the mid 50s. Most use dry suit year round. There are several boats that go out of the marina.

www.divebliss.com
www.loisann.com

To name a couple. Both of these only take 6 divers out.

Not sure you'll find resort like accommodations. With the Dive Bliss you arrive at the shop and the DM will carry your gear to the boat. You need to assemble it though.

Hope this is helpful.

divebuddysean:
Check out gottadive.com for Dive Connections boats.
I dove with them on Saturday (boat=DnD II). If you want to dive (no-frills), I recommend them. What I mean by no-frills is you get tanks, weights, small packaged munchies and cold water. If you want a bunk and hot food made to order, you need to look for another boat.
Water temp was 54F Suunto (51F Oceanic). I dove in a 7mm wetsuit and only got cold towards the end of the last dive.
As for resort-like accommodations, I stayed at the Hilton resort about 8 minutes from the boat and right on the water in Mission Bay. My girlfriend doesn't dive, but enjoyed the spa while I was having fun diving. :D
Have fun.

ScubaWalt:
I am flying to San Diego the 1st weekend in November for work that next week. I am from the GA-FL area, and I have only been diving for a year. What are the conditions like that time of year, wetsuit? dry suit? Any operators with easy access? Any one-stop-shop charter and dive shops that would make a weekend resort-like accommodations for me?
Any help appreciated!
Thanks!

Most divers use a 7 mm wetsuit with hood, gloves and booties year round. IMHO, a dry suit would be nice, but not necessary. If I were you, I would stay at the Hyatt Regency Islandia and dive on the Dive Bliss. The Hyatt has all the resort-type amenities you could need. The Dive Bliss is only a few minutes from the Hyatt, and is the fastest ride in San Diego. It's a newer boat and as mentioned, only carries six divers. I would dive the Coronados if you like rocky reefs and good vis. The sea lions and seals are abundant there, and often cavort with divers. If you like deep, dark and chilly but absolutely impressive, I'd do a wreck dive on the Yukon. The Bliss goes to both. Average air temp in November is 62F. Average sea surface temp is 61F. Enjoy your stay!

Back
Top Bottom