San Pedro trip report: Reef Adventures and Amigos. 3/27-4/7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No problem Allen. I've seen a post elsewhere today raving about the dives people had just had up at Tranquility Bay, so if you (or anyone else) aren't yet committed to a location on AC, I'd certainly give that a whirl! The diving up there is quite different from "average" AC diving.

Allen Raphael: Have a blast in San Pedro! As far as the atoll diving, probably one excursion per trip is enough. It is a long day and one Blue Hole dive costs as much as half the the remainder of the week's dives. Local diving is rather good and you can always ask to go to sites a little further north for variety (Reef Adventures said they do this) I was also told by Chuck and Robbie's that we missed 2 Turneffe trips the week before and they usually want 8-10 people to make it happen. Amigos is a really big boat and they probably want many more. Maybe just stroll down the beach on your first day, stopping at all big shops and express your interest in atoll diving and hope enough interest gets drummed up

Yep, that's pretty much what we had in mind...just let em know early and hopefully other adventurous souls will join in! I really thought the diving around AC was pretty nice, not a huge coral explosion but really large fish and turtles, occasional sharks and rays and short boat trips. Ugh, time is literally slowing down as we approach our return to San Pedro...can't wait any longer.

Thanks for the report!

How was the water temp? What exposure protection did you use? I'll be there in 2 weeks and I'm just trying to get an idea of which wetsuit to bring.

Thanks for the report!

How was the water temp? What exposure protection did you use? I'll be there in 2 weeks and I'm just trying to get an idea of which wetsuit to bring.

I dove there a month ago and only wore a skin or just a rashguard. The skin and rashguard are mroe for protection than warmth. It was really nice temperaturewise.

I dove there a month ago and only wore a skin or just a rashguard. The skin and rashguard are mroe for protection than warmth. It was really nice temperaturewise.

Do you happen to know what the actual temp was? I found that lately, I've been getting cold easier than I used to (too much time in a drysuit or something.) and I'll be doing 6 consecutive days of diving with some night dives.

I think like 82, but I will check my computer tonight and let you know.

The water temp was 82 degrees during the last week of march. Most wore a thin rash guard. I was shivering after 24 minutes in a 3mm fullsuit + rash guard.

Last edited:
The temp was 82 degrees during the last month of march. Most wore a thin rash guard. I was shivering after 24 minutes in a 3mm fullsuit + rash guard.

My computer said 81. I think that is an average temp for the dive. I know there was a bit of a thermocline below about 70 feet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom