Santa Clause Came to Fantasy Island!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CajunDiva

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Our arrival was particularly timely...look what was delivered today! It is not completely rigged up yet, but will be done soon. My understanding is that two more new boats are expected within the next couple of weeks...go Fantasy Island :D:D:D

Attachments

• PICT0301.jpg
    PICT0301.jpg
    416.3 KB · Views: 126
Looks like a phenomenal improvement. Wow!

Nice! Hopefully it's ready to go by the time I get there next month. Thanks for posting the pic.

That is great news. I'll be there in March. Hope the other 2 will be ready then. Can't wait!!!

How nice. It won't be the same without the old tugs, but it'll be nice. :cool:

thanks!

I was on the Little Kashi on my past two trips to FI. Pedro, the driver of that boat seemed to take decent care of it, although it was out of service for a couple days last year and we had to use another boat.
It will be nice to have some new boats there. Since we have a decent size group this time, hopefully we can persuade Robert to put us on one of the new ones.
Good to see that they can afford new boats even with this economy.

There are new engines for 3 of the boats sitting behind the dive shop right now. Word has it that some of the old boats are going to be refurbished.

I kinda of liked the old tugs with their Banana Republic feel, plenty of room, fast enough to get to the local sites okay, altho I have not been on one in years. The new boat looks very nice, but a bit much for such short rides? I wonder if they have another plan, or just like the flexibility of changing plans as indicated. The new ones could be used to take divers to West End rather than sending the slow boat ahead and divers following in the van, or even to cross the channel to Utila I bet.

"There are new engines for 3 of the boats sitting behind the dive shop right now" does sound like maybe they are planning to keep the old ones which would be fine with good engines I think. Fleet expansion...?

Back
Top Bottom