Santa Cruz dive report 2/3/18

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

C.I. Dive Adventures

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Had an awesome day aboard the Peace this past Saturday, Feb. 3rd on a trip to Santa Cruz. The ocean was about as flat and calm as it ever could be and the shy was clear and beautiful making this a perfect day out diving. We had a full boat sharing it with our friends at PCH Scuba.

We did 3 dives all on the frontside of Cruz going to Cavern Point, Potatoe Pinnacle and Coaches Point. All 3 dives turned out excellent especially because we had photographs, hunters and sightseers. This is one thing that is really nice about CIDA trips and that is WE ALL get along no matter what each person wishes to do. For the photographer there was LOTS of macro life especially at Potatoe Pinnacle and some good bug hunting for a few people at Coaches. Cavern Point is in an MPA so nothing but pictures here and you should see all the large fish. What I was really surprised at was the schools of ocean whitefish all over the reef. That is something I can't remember seeing before.

Some were sad that we left Potatoe Pinnacle and didn't stay for a 2nd dive and that is one place we will try another time when conditions are good. For me that was the best dive because I always miss seeing the octopus that everyone else sees and this dive I seen 6 plus 2 morays and lots of other cool small critters.

Water temp was around 55 degrees and visibility was a good 30'-40' plus giving everyone some great dives. As usually the Peace crew did an outstanding job and we also got to celebrate Brook Peterson's 1000th dive which the crew had lots of fun with.

If you missed out on this trip CIDA has many others to join in on-https://channelislandsdiveadventures.com/dive-calender/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom