Santi 400g or DUI 450 Flex?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you guys think I will require that belt back to sink the extra 100 grams on this 400 gram suit?

Math is a starting point, but as you know the only way to know for sure in the end is to get in the water and do a proper weight check :)

Hope you enjoy the new undies.
-Rob

i don't know how dense the sant's are but I know i add prolly between 4 and 6lbs of positive buoyancy when i go to my XM450's from my several year old Powerstretch 300's. (i'm not sure the difference would be so much if they were not so old)

I don't know 'exactly' because i don't end up adding a belt, i just go from being fairly over-weighted, and not really needing the v-weight at the end of the dive (when the tanks are <1000) to being very happy i remembered put it in.

I use to dive 4 lbs on the weight belt with a 300 gram Polartec undergarment and was told by my instructor I could remove; I did and it's been wonderful not having to dive a belt at all.

Do you guys think I will require that belt back to sink the extra 100 grams on this 400 gram suit?

Thanks,

MG
I need about 16 pounds to sink DUI 400s, and like you I need barely any weight with a (beaten up) 300G fleece.

I haven't really tried to take anything off that 16 to see if it's way too much but I think it's about right. I think the DUI 400s are approx the same buoyancy as Santis.

(I need about 8 pounds for a 200G DUI thinsulate)

EDIT: My numbers are in addition to a steel (6lb) plate

Last edited:
The Santi seem to be getting harder to find. I ordered a set from Golem Gear and he's having to order them directly from Europe.

The Santi seem to be getting harder to find. I ordered a set from Golem Gear and he's having to order them directly from Europe.

Santi company now is changing their factory localization, so maybe Tomasz is little bit busy . But if You have any questions You should ask him

I can not add url address but You can easy find them by google, santidiving.pl

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom