Info Santi Avatar Drysuit Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ouvea

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Has anyone seen the Santi Avatar drysuit upclose? Does it fit similar to the other Santi drysuits? Is the material more robust than the lightweight fabric found on the E. Motion? My E. Motion is near end of its life and there is only some much Aquaseal I can put on the suit.

Appreciate any feed back.

Yes, I have one as a backup and travel suit. Stock sizes only, including boots, so you need to solely rely on measurement chart. It’s “Santi’s” budget suit, I’d consider it to be “less robust” than the emotion, I have an emotion+ as my primary. It’s a good suit and unless you’re cave or wreck diving (generally speaking), it’ll last.

@whynot :

How many dives do you have on your suit? Have you noticed any where on the shoulders or under the arms, where the straps of your BCD rub against the suit? Does it have any wear to the crotch area? Does the suit have the same rubber tape used on you E Motion +?

O.

Yes, I have one as a backup and travel suit. Stock sizes only, including boots, so you need to solely rely on measurement chart. It’s “Santi’s” budget suit, I’d consider it to be “less robust” than the emotion, I have an emotion+ as my primary. It’s a good suit and unless you’re cave or wreck diving (generally speaking), it’ll last.

Less robust than the emotion😳, that would concern me.

I have mines now over 2 years and over 300 dives done with it I think. You have to try it, because officially none of the stocksizes would fit, but the XXL woman did fit very well (only thing is that neckseal was a little bit too wide, but I putted a bungee over it and after a year it was worn, so I replaced it for a fitting HD one). Yes I had some leaks, but I must also say that I used and sometimes abused the suit mainly for cave diving and last May I also used it with some dry caving and then diving, with knee protection over the suit. For this kind of job it is not the best suit. But the little holes (5 or so) were easy to reapair with just a dot of Aquasure.
I have replaced the wristseals and neckseal, but that is quite normal because you don't get the more preferrable HD seals.

I have worn both. The size charts are identical, but I actually thought the Avatar fit a little bit better than the E.Motion Plus in the same size (LS). The fabric seems thinner than any of the fabric used on the E.Motion Plus.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom