Santi vs DUI: a new drysuit choice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Because we're not in the EU, there's a big ocean to ship them over, and people are buying them at that price...

No argument but an $800 tariff or markup is kinda high... don't you think. Either way its still the way Im leaning and I will be taking a closer look at them at the SD show this summer. Hope I can find a model that fits without the custom cut.

This is the reply I got from Santi's General Sales Manager, Agnieszka Hrynkiewicz, when I emailed them a while ago:

"The E.lite suit is our top model for rough diving conditions - exploring caves or wrecks with a need of highest protection. E.motion is also a very durable suit and due to it's weight of the fabric it is slightly less durable, but then it is also much more flexible and convenient. Both suits are suitable for GUE style and we have many GUE insctrctors diving both. We would reccomend the E.motion suit as the new quality to try."

Hope I can find a model that fits without the custom cut.

Hi Ulfhedinn,

SANTI has 16 stock sizes to choose from. Here is the link to the size chart. Keep in mind that if you fit into a "stock size" but the arm length and or leg length is too short or too long, SANTI can +/- up to 2" at no additional charge.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Stay Dry, Dive SANTI

---------- Post added February 5th, 2013 at 12:25 PM ----------

How does each Santi model ( e. Lite, e . Motion...) compares to other known models and brand in term of material?

Hi Xaryo,

The E.Lite is comparable to a Flex Extreme. The E.Lite is constructed from a ripstop nylon exterior, butle rubber and polyester interior. It has the strength of Cordura without the weight and thickness.

The E.Motion is like a TLS350 on steroids:) The E.Motion has a polyester interior that makes it a tad thicker. The E.Motion has the E.Lite material in the forearms, crotch and butt.

The seam construction on SANTI drysuits is second to none. They are stitched, glued with (conveyer belt glue) and then hand applied rubber tape.

Stay DRY, Dive SANTI

Thank you,
That's what I wanted to know.

Now, is there a size chart for woman or only one for both?

If you need a custom cut you may want to consider the DUI FLX Extreme. It doesn't have the reputation of leaks that the TLS has, in fact most people seem to love their FLX suits and report them as leak-free.

I've had a number of friends order Santi MTM undersuits that haven't fit - with a mixed success rate in getting them to fit properly. I would order a custom BZ400 myself but am concerned about getting a proper fit. DUI has a good track record(not perfect) with getting suits to fit, most people I know have been happy with their suits. My TLS350 fits like a glove and has been leak free, but the FLX seems to be the superior suit from a robustness perspective.

I've had experience with DUI and Santi. . . and the thing that hands down will always bring me back to DUI is how they handle their customers. If you are investing your hard earned money in any dive products, it should be with a company that is known for backing their products, and keeping their promises. That is DUI no question. My experience with Santi was awful, once they took my money they didn't really care about the promises they made if the suit had problems.
I have also dove the Whites Drysuits and like that option to not buy custom. It's a great drysuit. Lastly, the BARE undergarmet is an excellent option too without going custom fit.

I've had experience with DUI and Santi. . . and the thing that hands down will always bring me back to DUI is how they handle their customers. If you are investing your hard earned money in any dive products, it should be with a company that is known for backing their products, and keeping their promises. That is DUI no question. My experience with Santi was awful, once they took my money they didn't really care about the promises they made if the suit had problems.
I have also dove the Whites Drysuits and like that option to not buy custom. It's a great drysuit. Lastly, the BARE undergarmet is an excellent option too without going custom fit.

Odd but my experience has been the polar opposite... Unsure who you delt with and you did not mention where you are which indicates you are a Yank more than likely.

Let's make that assumption. My experience with both the Santi folks in Europe AND the guys here in North America is that they are very, very customer oriented. In fact the NA distributor has posted several times in this tthread which helps to underpin my experiences with them... and I declare a slight conflict of interest here, because I regard both principals in that company as mates; however, consider too that I am an ambassador for a totally different line of drysuits!

Since the OP wanted a direct comparison between DUI and Santi, I have no isses at all strongly recommending Santi... and keeping quiet about other options! LOL!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you need a custom cut you may want to consider the DUI FLX Extreme. It doesn't have the reputation of leaks that the TLS has, in fact most people seem to love their FLX suits and report them as leak-free.

I've had a number of friends order Santi MTM undersuits that haven't fit - with a mixed success rate in getting them to fit properly. I would order a custom BZ400 myself but am concerned about getting a proper fit. DUI has a good track record(not perfect) with getting suits to fit, most people I know have been happy with their suits. My TLS350 fits like a glove and has been leak free, but the FLX seems to be the superior suit from a robustness perspective.

Hi Jimmy,

Not sure how long ago your friends ordered their SANTI MTM undersuits.

Since we have taken over distribution for SANTI throughout North America, we have had very good success with MTM undersuits and drysuits fitting properly. If there was a problem with an improper fit, it is typically caused from the person not being measured properly. SANTI does have a video (4th link down) on "How to take correct measurements". I always recommend that the person wear a thin base layer when being measured. In addition, it's also helpful to the seamstresses when making the suit that the customer supply 2 photos (front view and side view).

I will assure you that if they were measured properly, the suits fit amazingly well!

Customer service is very important to us! Without customers, we have nothing. In cases where a suit has not fit properly, we have always taken care of the customer and will continue to do so as we grow.

If you need any references, on how the suits fit and/or our customer service, please don't hesitate to ask.

Stay Dry, Dive SANTI,

---------- Post added February 17th, 2013 at 02:11 PM ----------

Thank you,
That's what I wanted to know.

Now, is there a size chart for woman or only one for both?

Hi Xaryo,

Here is a link to the SANTI Size Chart. Stock drysuits and undersuits are available in Men's (although Women do fit into them depending on their build) sizes. We do have stock undersuits for Women, the size chart is below the Men's drysuits/undersuit size chart.

Please let us know if you need anything else!

Last edited:
What's missing - for me - from the Santi is the Zip seals. I use that feature a lot, and would prefer to have it on any drysuit I would own. I've used Viking dry glove rings and they work well, but are kinda bulky compared to the flexible zip seals.

What's a "zip seal" ?

I was contacted my OceanEdge Outfitters and asked to tell the truth about my awful Santi experience. The truth is, that I am a totally unsatisfied customer, and Santi doesn't care. I think that says the most about them because DUI will work with you until you are happy with your custom sizing.
The more detailed truth is that I had anxiety about purchasing the Santi suit because several people in the area had problems. I spoke to OceanEdge about it, and they gave me their word that if it wasn't right they would take care of it. Further they gave me their word to take me direct because quite frankly the local dive shop was sick of so many unsatisfied customers. OceanEdge doesn't seem to get that, and doesn't care they are causing an issue for their end user (the dive shop).
The suit arrived and is bulky, not form fitting, and doesn't seem to fit me properly on inside my suit properly. After months of OceanEdge not doing anything to rectify the situation, I sent them a message telling them they broke their word.
They further, forwarded my email to the dive shop. Demonstrating once again, it wasn't their problem and maybe the dive shop should take care of it. The dive shop chalked up the suit and is sending it back for repairs. The dive shop will likely take care of the shipping and all the hassel, once again even though they told OceanEdge from the beginning they didn't want to do this again.
OceanEdge maintains they did nothing wrong. And me, as the customer maintains there is no point in purchasing a Santi suit. They don't know how to cut a bust line, they don't know how to cut custom products. The BARE 400 fits in my suit, so does the DUI so to blame anything other than Santi's incompetence is just not the truth. Santi can't cut custom suits and has no customer service. Take your money elsewhere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom