Sat Dec 8th dive at White Point

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rickster

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Well, I just got back from PCH, in LA County, and it is tore up out there. I don't think I am going to drive 80 miles to dive tomorrow. Even if it lays down, the vis is not going to be the greatest. JMDiver and I are the only ones on the calender as going, anyway.

See everyone at the next one,
Rick

Hi Rick,

I'm still going, I'm going to meet Claudette at Marineland at 7:45 AM & if we don't dive we'll just hang out & shoot the sh***t at Redondo.

John

Yeah, it's a total mess down here too. My trash cans were in the streets when I got home. Some people get so hyper focused on the swell that they forget where all waves ultimately come from ... winds. Gotta remember to watch the local winds too. Good luck tomorrow.

Rick, when are you planning an OC outing ?

I went to Escondido Saturday morning because it's close for me & I didn't get to dive Thursday night and I was jonesing a little to go & grab some of those wily crustaceans... Turns out I should have waited until Sunday. Viz was zero, I mean not able to see your gauges at arms length. I dropped down into the soup and held my gauge up to my mask to keep heading out, hoping it would open up a little further out. It did get a little better at the outer reef, but still less than 5' & the two bugs I stumbled across laughed when I tried to chase them! Hopefully it'll be better Thursday night....
-Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom