Sausage w/ dive flag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

murphdivers286:
Too bad there wasn't a kind of net that would spring out of the water if a jetskier got to close to stop them in there tracks. When the jetskier flew over his jetski a few times, we wouldn't have to worry about them anymore!!! LOL

A small limpet mine would also do the job.

Of course this is just a joke, no need for any panties to get in a bunch.......

Wood Chips work wonders on jetski's. And it only takes a handfull. Fill one BC Pocket with wood chips. When they start circling your float let them float to the surface. Doesnt take much to stop up an impeller.

lairdb:
I use Ocean Reef's sausage which has a (sortof) flag at the top, but I think the OP is optimistic to believe that a boater that would skim an odd-looking float would pay much attention to an odd-looking float with an unfamiliar flag.

Yeah, that's what I had in mind, but I'd envisioned a much larger flag, maybe with an inflating 'boom' on the top of the flag...

Thanks,

When it's the law, we float the flag, but well away from where we are actually diving. If there's a bunch of watercraft, we almost think of it as an overhead environment.
Last Sunday we dived at a boat launch site (eagles Landing, Lake Pend Oreille) between the two ramps. The place was a freeway of non-stop boat activity. We stayed below 15’ and kept aware that there would be no surfacing except under the piers, or back at the beach.

murphdivers286:
Too bad there wasn't a kind of net that would spring out of the water if a jetskier got to close to stop them in there tracks. When the jetskier flew over his jetski a few times, we wouldn't have to worry about them anymore!!! LOL

A 12 Gauge bang stick will pretty much total the hull of a jetski.

3dent:
If you think this is bad, you should hear the ideas I censor.

Why do you think I don't drink?

plcmd:
Wood Chips work wonders on jetski's. And it only takes a handfull. Fill one BC Pocket with wood chips. When they start circling your float let them float to the surface. Doesnt take much to stop up an impeller.

Soak the wood chips in nitric acid first - they become nitrocellulose chips, which are explosive. Why leave the impeller repairable?

hmmmmm......I liked the wood chips ideal, the bang stick is better, but who can go wrong with a homing torpedo!! Now where can you buy them in quantity??

Paul

Web Monkey:
I'd like to build a dive float with a auto-tracking water cannon with a 100 foot range.

Sort of like the Invisible Fence for dogs, only this would be for boaters and jet skis.

Terry

Thats covered by my wife when we are diving off shore. She is an exceptionally good shot and with my 7.62x54 she is not shy to get people's attention who get within 100 yards of our boat in open water - one up in the air warning shot can be heard over almost anything. I've been debating on getting a side by side smooth bore and loading one side with a bird round that she can use to get their attention, and if things dont change, the other side would have a flare she can pop off in the general direction. So far, we've had nice quiet dives with her standing guard. :D

If only it were legal to do that for shore dives.

murphdivers286:

That's why God made bang sticks... :11:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom