SB'ers in Cozumel -- March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We had to cancel due to family illness. Advice for everyone: buy trip insurance! (even if you're planning last minute and positive nothing could happen before you leave)

I am enjoying your posts and learning a lot. Thanks for the dive reports. Please continue the running commentary!Maybe I overlooked it but what has the water temperature been?

Glad I can help.

The temperature has been pretty consistently around 78, according to my bottom timer. My computer has it a little lower. We had a couple of dives around 75.

I just blindly threw my 3 mm in the luggage and went with it. I have been borderline chilled all week, and actually cold a couple of times. Part of that is caused by the bottom times you get with 120's. I hit 85 minutes on one dive. If I had to do it again, I would have at least included a hood, and I might have brought my 5 mm instead. The DM's on all the dives were pretty well decked out. One wore a 7 mm and a hood.

Aldora includes big, fleece-lined parkas which are very nice during the post dive travelling. If you are going with someone else, I suggest you bring something you can pull on to keep warm.

I didn't use to be a weenie, but apparently I have reached that stage.

Yeah...My computer registered 75 today, and on the second dive I could really feel it with a 5mm. I was teeth-chattering cold on the boat coming back. I think I may win the biggest cold wimp contest, but the other two divers were wearing those chin-strap hoods.

The temperature has been pretty consistently around 78, according to my bottom timer. My computer has it a little lower. We had a couple of dives around 75.

I just blindly threw my 3 mm in the luggage and went with it. I have been borderline chilled all week, and actually cold a couple of times. Part of that is caused by the bottom times you get with 120's. I hit 85 minutes on one dive. If I had to do it again, I would have at least included a hood, and I might have brought my 5 mm instead. The DM's on all the dives were pretty well decked out. One wore a 7 mm and a hood.

Aldora includes big, fleece-lined parkas which are very nice during the post dive travelling. If you are going with someone else, I suggest you bring something you can pull on to keep warm.

I didn't use to be a weenie, but apparently I have reached that stage.

I must be in the weenie stage too. I'll definitely pack the 5mm & hood. Thanks for the heads up!

Hello All,

John and Katie, staying at Caribe Blu, diving with BA. March 15th - 20th.

Only have 3mils, but will probably go pick up some hoods!

Anything seasonal in the water right now?

Already dreading having to come back home. =)

JC

JC- we'll be there the 13th-21st- hope to see you guys there!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom