Scallops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, New to this. Hope I am posting correctly. I am in a diving club in Delaware. We are interested in doing a scallop dive any where on the east coast. Any recommendations? I have only been able to track down one shop with a google search. They are in Boston, and not real keen on taking us out during the heavy boating season. Anyone ever done anything with a shop or group that might not be on line? Thanks, Chris

What depth are you trained to dive to? In South NJ/DEL - we have plenty of scallops but they are in the 140- 170 range more frequently. S5 is a good scallop dive.

Thanks for the advice guys. Anybody coming to Delaware let me know. We dive every other Sunday. Chris

how much bottom time for a limit in boston harbor generally? my wife doesn't like to do more than one dive, trying to figure out if it would be worth it. thanks

Some of the bed are in the 30-40ft range and others are in the 60-65ft range. I will usually go on a 40-60 minute dive at first and then possibly cut the second dive short if I don't want to shuck for most of the ride back.

As for long it takes to bag up, it all depends. Some people have gotten their limit on one dive and others take two long dives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom