Question Scopolamine... where to get and cost

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can’t meter the dose with the patch, the side effects are directly related to the dosage (duh)

Ebay says ~$19 for 12 tabs from AUS
The scopolamine patch releases therapeutic dose over 72 hours. It is metered; and is less drowsy than meclizine for average person. ☄️

The scopolamine patch releases therapeutic dose over 72 hours. It is metered; and is less drowsy than meclizine for average person. ☄️
Amazing, so the “therapeutic “ dose is not related to gender, body mass, or metabolism?

Amazing, so the “therapeutic “ dose is not related to gender, body mass, or metabolism?
Patch is indicated for adults in product labeling, and is based upon average adult weight.

'Nuff Said.
1652929281044.png

Patch is indicated for adults in product labeling, and is based upon average adult weight.

'Nuff Said.View attachment 723508
I absolutely agree, independent of the pre-disposition to get motion sickness, a 98lb woman is going to need the same dosage as me 240 lb man

Ok, so I ordered Kwells from AU, arrived last week. When I can jump on a boat I'll be sure to give it a shot and report back.

Any suggestions how that should go? Take it early in the morning before the trip? The night before?

Take it early in the morning before the trip? The night before?
My daughter usually applies the patch the night before and that works for her.

You may have to experiment a bit with that.

My daughter usually applies the patch the night before and that works for her.

You may have to experiment a bit with that.

I guess my plan is to take one 1-2 hours before we leave dock, and then maybe another depending how that goes at the SI.

I loved the patch the next time I go to the doctors I'll get a scrip..

1. I guess my plan is to take one 1-2 hours before we leave dock, and then maybe another depending how that goes at the SI.

I loved the patch the next time I go to the doctors I'll get a scrip..
    The patches are effective for two or three days. Don't overdose.

Good day all. Scopolamine is just about the bees knees (to me). It's really saved any idea I had of diving from a boat. Last year I was able to get it on ebay but all the links are dead and I can't find anywhere that sells it online. It is by prescription only, but it's not a narcotic so before anyone decides to hang me out to dry as far as I know it's 100% legal to purchase non narcotic drugs for personal use (at least that's what I tell myself and I'm comfortable believing:)). Everywhere else in the world it's sold OTC, but as you well know here in the states it's not "what you can do" it's "who you know" when it comes to big pharma.

Few questions;

Does anyone know a source to get it, please pm me if you're not comfortable posting. I was getting them for ~ $2 / patch before (I think)?

If you do get them with a prescription (which I'm not 100% opposed to) what do you pay here in the states? That's the worst part about getting a prescription... taking off work, seeing a doctor, getting a prescription... just to find out the price is ludicrous. What a joke.

Not really looking for other suggestions, Scopolamine is amazing. It's the only thing that I'm after. Thanks all!!!
With my doc I (big practice) just called and told his nurses I needed scopolamine and why. Bluecross advantage/Medicare covered all but $8.00. However, it is off formulary (i.e. their covered meds. And the insurance co called later and said if I was going to continue to use it I would have to request a waiver. So I ordered from Mexico. Don't remember the details. Good luck.

1. The patches are effective for two or three days. Don't overdose.
These are not patches, they are pills. Box says 1-2 every 4-6 hours.

1656602107894.png
1656602136897.png

With my doc I (big practice) just called and told his nurses I needed scopolamine and why. Bluecross advantage/Medicare covered all but $8.00. However, it is off formulary (i.e. their covered meds. And the insurance co called later and said if I was going to continue to use it I would have to request a waiver. So I ordered from Mexico. Don't remember the details. Good luck.

Any chance you could try and remember the details from MX or look for the order? I used to be able to order the patch from Vietnam but they have since stopped, not really sure why. I tried 3 different places last year and all had to refund me because they couldn't get them.

I would much prefer the patch.

Back
Top Bottom