Scuba Club Cozumel Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We do like SCC. For tipping, I deduct the estimated portion for the room ($75/night) from the combined AI fee for the two of us, and apply 20% to the balance and then divvy it up. This winds up about $350 in tips for two of us for the week.

thnx for the detailed report

Paying over $200 in tips seems completely out of control.

How do you figure?

I figure for a week: 13 tanks of boat dives is about $75; B,L,D at $10 per day is another $70, housekeeping is another $15, and luggage for $5. That is a bit low balled and still $165. Another $20 spread across folks who provided extra service and my wife and I end up at $350+ for a week of tips. $400 for a couple may be generous, but not unreasonable.

I am quote challenged on my tablet.[/]

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to stay there many years ago but it's not my choice now. Yes the dive boats are large and comfortable, but it also means common dive sites on the easy side to accommodate novice divers. Location is good for getting walking to city center but long boat rides.

Rooms are hit and miss, I had to change rooms as some have poor AC blowing cold air on the bed. No desk with chair in room. Food so so as mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom