SCUBA diving in Kauai, how is it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was visiting Kauai for the second time to do some more dives last summer and asked a dive buddy (who previously worked for a dive shop there) for a recommendation on my upcoming trip. She had me contact Anthony Kuntz and work thru Seasport Divers so I could have a solid dive buddy/guide in a new area for me to dive.

I dove with Anthony at Koloa Landing and I found him to be one of the best I have dove with. He was approachable and professional. He was enthusiastic about diving and had an amazing pre-dive briefing on the wildlife we would be seeing (and some the we would be specifically looking for due to their rare presence on dives). During the dive, he would point out wildlife and use his magnetic slate to identify all the strange, rare fish we saw.

Anthony Kuntz was an awesome buddy to have on that dive. His patience and knowledge have pushed me to be a better leader as I am working to pursue DM certification. I. would love to dive with him again and look forward to getting back to Kauai ASAP. Mahalo, Anthony!

Just heard that too. My favorite dive shop on Kauai, Fathom Five, has another great employee in Anthony. Have done 7dives with that outfit on 2 separate trips and loved each dive with this professional and friendly operation.

hi all, my wife and I went to Kona for a week last year. Our first trip to HI. Loved it!! Got a condo and dove with Pacific Rim. They were the best!

We have a new found attraction to diving HI. We went in the early spring for an anniversary, saw whales and all, but he water was chilly for sure. we were under-prepared for it.

I am curious if Kauai Diving would be considered similar? I assume yes. I think the water temps are closer to 80s in the fall. Any issues with Kauai in the fall?

One other question; is the feel of Kauai similar to Kona? Kona was so chilled out we just love it.

Thanks All!

Thanks gang for the kind words. It's been such a pleasure diving with so many wonderful people over the last 15 years here in Hawaii. Please feel free to continue reaching out with anything that I may help you with when visiting the islands. Until then - best of ocean wishes and get underwater soon!
A

Aloha, I just booked 6 days of diving with Fathom 5 for my up coming trip, 3 in Poipu (May 29-June 7)and 2 for tunnel and 1 twilight dive ( June 19-26). Anthony, I hope you'll be my dive buddy since my hubby will only dive 2x.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom