Trip Report Scuba Diving in Roatan - 4K HDR Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is it normal for Roatan to have so few fish?
Over the years in reports, I got the impression it has a reputation for lush but over-fished reefs, without much 'big stuff.' That said, when I was there in 2021, I saw a goliath grouper, a good-size yellow-fin grouper and some eagle rays, plus a big dog snapper on a night dive, so as they say, 'Your mileage may vary.' I did at times wish it were 'fishier,' but on the whole I was pretty content.

Will be interested to see what @Laval has to say on theater.

Turquoise Bay Resort is quite good, but a lot of walking and hiking.
Were you in a hillside room? Is that why there was a lot of walking and hiking? We’ll be in #4 in just 9 weeks, a trip we had to postponed from October. I’ve been to Roatan several times but this is out first time staying at TBR. Can’t wait. How did you find the food?

1647717261903.jpeg

Were you in a hillside room? Is that why there was a lot of walking and hiking? We’ll be in #4 in just 9 weeks, a trip we had to postponed from October. I’ve been to Roatan several times but this is out first time staying at TBR. Can’t wait. How did you find the food?

View attachment 713154
We were in unit 11. Walking and hiking for us is not a problem, it was just a statement of fact. The closest to the dive shop are units 22 - 27.

Over the years in reports, I got the impression it has a reputation for lush but over-fished reefs, without much 'big stuff.' That said, when I was there in 2021, I saw a goliath grouper, a good-size yellow-fin grouper and some eagle rays, plus a big dog snapper on a night dive, so as they say, 'Your mileage may vary.' I did at times wish it were 'fishier,' but on the whole I was pretty content.

Will be interested to see what @Laval has to say on theater.
That was our first trip to Roatan. We like diving in Raja Ampat in Indonesia and in Philippines, where the variety and number of fishes and very colorful corals are much greater. As such, we were looking through lenses of Indonesia and Philippines, so it may not be a fare comparison. If you are interested, you may check my YouTube Channel, to understand what I mean.

View attachment 713154
#4 is a better location. #9 is almost the same as #11 where we stayed. I think food was generally good, but I am not a good food expert as I am a vegan. They definitely were not tailored for vegans, but I was not hungry.

I enjoyed your video.

For Honduras what kind of covid stuff do you have to do? Tests before/after flights? Did you take tests with you there?

Were you required to be vaccinated/show proof?

I enjoyed your video.

For Honduras what kind of covid stuff do you have to do? Tests before/after flights? Did you take tests with you there?

Were you required to be vaccinated/show proof?
Thank you for watching my video. I am glad you like it. Regarding COVID-19 requirements, you will need to complete a special on-line government form, and you had to upload your vaccination records. I would suggest checking your resort and government website, as they keep changing their requirements.

Back
Top Bottom