Scuba Diving Travel Packages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver2010

New
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I’m looking for scuba diving trips package, what is the best website offers good price?
I’m in Oregon and I would like to do some diving trips inside U.S or some places that are not required visa or passport.

My budget around 1000-1500

Thank you in advance

Does that budget include airfare? Like florida or the east coast would probably be around 350-400, then hotel, then diving. Same for hawaii.
How about a trip to California? Maybe Monterey or Ventura, Catalina, etc..
You could drive it, then stay at budget hotels, maybe super 8 or motel 6 and do some shore dives.
How about some dive boats out of oxnard or long beach or san diego. Could do some 2 or 3 day trips aboard these, figure $150 day.
You don't say how long, 5 days, 7, 10?

hey diver 2010

we are heading to maui in Aug, maybe you should join $2400 for four us hotel and air, we will spend about $500 pp diving, let me know if you want more info, it's a great deal now.......travelocity!

how about the florida keys (Key Largo)? certainly doable well within your budget

If you book through Expedia you can use code 10spring to get a small discount of $10/night off ;-)

Key Largo is the best for new divers, altho you didn't load your location and experience in your profile - I'm guessing. Fly into Miami or Ft.Lauderdale, drive down the freeway, set up with an operator and his hotel deal.

Seattle has super diving in my opinion. I came up there once just to do that. California has Catalina Island and Long Beach boats.

But get a passport.

If you wanna go outside of the US, youll need a passport. Many places youll also need a visa, but its generally not a problem getting one anyways..

there aren't alot of dive travel agencies that do stateside dive trip packages. Most of us book everything separately, on our own.

since you say you are in Oregon, and want to travel to places you don't need a passport...
Florida, southeast coast (Ft Lauderdale-Jupiter) has great diving in your pricerange
Florida, Keys (Key Largo) has very easy shallow dives and also several wrecks
Florida, cavern country - tons of springs to dive as recreational diver or move up to cave cert
North Carolina coast (Hatteras, Morehead City, Wilmington) has deep wrecks and sharks
California, Channel Islands (boats out of Santa Barbara, Ventura, Long Beach) fantastic kelp forest diving
California, Catalina Island land-based (take ferry over and stay in hotel) great shore diving and boat diving around the island's kelp forests
California, San Diego - boat diving to deep wrecks and also kelp forests
Hawaii... (Kona, Maui, Kaui) lots of options but it is more expensive
Hawaii, liveaboard (Kona Aggressor) probably about the same price as land-based once you pay for food and transportation, but a bit higher than your budget

check out a few websites:
South Florida Diving Headquarters
Florida Keys Diving with Silent World
CONCH REPUBLIC DIVERS

NC - Olympus Dive Center
Discovery Diving Co

Spectre dive boat, Channel Islands, California
Great Escape Boat
Catalina Scuba Luv
Waterhorse San Diego Boat Dive

Big Island Divers
Jack's Diving Locker
Lahaina Scuba Dive Maui

these are just a few websites to check out. There are TONS of dive ops to choose from. California is probably where I would recommend you go for most bang for your buck. It is cold water but in summer (July-Oct) you can expect water 60s-70s and tons of fish, kelp, fun diving. Florida Keys would be my second choice recommendation for you.

robin:D

We have a trip all inclusive to the bahamas on a liverboard. If you want more information call Odyssey Diving at 303-452-8802

We have a trip all inclusive to the bahamas on a liverboard. If you want more information call Odyssey Diving at 303-452-8802

the OP said he wants information on a place that does NOT require a passport. You are required to have one of those for Bahamas.

robin:D

Back
Top Bottom