Scuba Diving's Snipe Hunting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

talonraid:
Send them out for......
tank wash or a couple of quarts of "free flow".

In the military we would send guys for several hundred feet of flight line, drift grease or on occasion the highly caustic and volitile "propeller wash".
dont forget the bulkhead remover or skyhook.

Fish_Whisperer:
I told my dive buddy that I would be able to find him more easily on a crowded boat and underwater, if he wrote "PEN15" on his wrist slate in big dark characters, so that we could keep our team together. He did so. :D

(This is probably going to get sooooo deleted....)
Fish thats funny,i dont care who ya are,says larry the cable guy.

Need the keys to Davey Jones Locker or a replacement lock.

divinginn:
dont forget the bulkhead remover or skyhook.

Friend of mine (an electrician on a hospital construction) sent his newbie to go get a sky hook....few hours later, a Sikorsky Crane helicopter arrived at a cost of several thousand dollars an hour. They quit doing that joke.

Another buddy working at a grocery store when he was in high school, would get the new sack-boys to fill the water fountain - got them to pour 5 - 10 gallons of water down the water fountain drain to "fill it."

There's some great ones here, thats for sure!

When I worked for a rental car company, we'd do basic service to the vehicles ourselves...mostly just checking fluids, air pressure, rotating tires, etc. We'd get the newbies to "rotate the wiper blades, to ensure even wear."

Out here on the West coast the beach is always a march down some hill. So...

Sent a noob back to the truck for the blue reel of shore line and told him to take two tanks back with him (up the 100' of hill) while he was at it. Recommended that he not take off his wet suit because we would be ready to hit the water as soon as he got back. :rofl3:

On the job site it's always "hey FNG, go get a board streacher. The studs are too short". This is right after telling him the wall is going to be 8 feet tall and showing him the 2x4 studs are only 7'-9" long. Most people don't know that wall studs come cut to make an 8 foot wall when a 2x4 is nailed on the top and bottom for the top and the sole plates. :D

You can't make fun of muffler bearings too much... Mazda 929s have them for real.

The metric adjustable wrench is by far my favorite.
I didn't fare too well on April fool's day... The whole day I thought it was the 2nd and fell for everything thrown at me :rofl3: I couldn't figure out why everything was going wrong :huh:

... and then there was the great "Search for the golden rivet" in a ship's hull... or "going to supply to get 50 yards of 'ropeyarn'..." ...

By the way... anybody have a snorkel brush? Helps keep them internally clean and healtheir... sorta' like a bottle brush... only PADI certified...

How about "Mask-X"... a customized version of Rain-X for SCUBA masks... keeps the water from clinging to the outside so you can see clearer...

Hose inflator? Tank-banger????

almitywife:
love beginning of the year and the apprentices start their new jobs.......

sending them off to buy a left handed screw driver or a can of black & white checked paint always gets them

hmmm - tricks on newbies.... never thought about it before

Ahhh...but wouldn't you be surprised if they brought you back that can of black & white checked paint... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom