SCUBA Fitness over 60

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

+1 on dumping this guy. If your doc signed off on you diving and you are in decent shape, then find an instructor that isn't going to make you jump through a neverending string of hoops. While there is a level of fitness you should have in order to dive, you don't have to be Lance Armstrong. And once you get certified, tailor your dives to whatever you can do without getting yourself in trouble.

This guy is a dive nazi. Plain and simple.

Apparently a NAUI instructor can require a diver to speak unaccented Polish to earn a certification if he feels it is important.

PADI jest niebezpieczny dla zdrowia państwa! Kup państwa szkolenia ode mnie. Mogłoby koszt dwa razy tyle, ale moim ogromne zapotrzebowanie na karmienie ego!

PADI jest niebezpieczny dla zdrowia państwa! Kup państwa szkolenia ode mnie. Mogłoby koszt dwa razy tyle, ale moim ogromne zapotrzebowanie na karmienie ego!

I second that...... whatever in the hell it is

Exactly!

I hope.

Google Translate:

Polish to English translation
PADI is dangerous to the health of the state! Buy state training me. It could cost twice as much, but my great need for feeding the ego!

:rofl3:

Google Translate:

Polish to English translation
PADI is dangerous to the health of the state! Buy state training me. It could cost twice as much, but my great need for feeding the ego!

:rofl3:

Well, I guess that is close enough. :wink: The original English was:

"PADI is a hazard to your health. You should get your training from me! I may cost twice as much money, but I need it to feed my huge ego."

BTW, what's really a fun exercise (if you have nothing better to do) is to take a very simple English sentence, and then translate it (Babelfish, etc.) to another language and back, or maybe through several languages.

Thanks, all. Very informative, and hearing from you, my fellow "old guys," makes me worry less about it being nuts for me to take up the sport at my age.

I will see my instructor on Thursday. We'll work out whatever I need to do to get my certification. He is something of a fitness nut, but also very reasonable.

(I called him "trainer" before - I hope that didn't confuse things. He's the instructor for the OW course I took.)

BTW, what's really a fun exercise (if you have nothing better to do) is to take a very simple English sentence, and then translate it (Babelfish, etc.) to another language and back, or maybe through several languages.

Not long ago I helped design a foreign language program that was delivered online. Students were warned not to use online translators for assignments, but some always did it anyway, not realizing how many stupid mistakes it would make, and how obvious it was when 5-6 students in the class come up with the same stupid mistakes word-for-word.

The Rain In Spain stays mainly on the plain.

English to Spanish Translation (Google Translator):
La lluvia en España se mantiene principalmente en la llanura.

Spanish to German translation
Die regen Aufenthalte in Spanien vor allem in der Ebene.

German to Greek trainslation:
Η βροχή στην Ισπανία παραμένει κατά κύριο λόγο στον κάμπο.

Greek to Japanese:
スペインの雨はまだ平野を中心にしています。

Japanese to English:
The rain in Spain are still mainly plain.

And we wonder why the UN can't get anything done!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom