Scuba Jenny has Become a Skilled Lionfish Slayer!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yay....Jenny!!!!

When she's not saving baby turtles, she's killing lionfishes...give our Jenny some much deserved RUM along with the bigger knife. :clapping:

Now that she is the proud owner of my former Hullavator system, I hope we'll see her going out even more often to slay the beasties!

Now you need some lionfish kill stickers on your tank...

04-LFKS-Array-003-lg.jpg

Way to go, Jenny! Instead of just killing and leaving, why not cut off their spines while they're on your spear to render them harmless and stingless, then put them in a catch bag and cook them for dinner? They are delicious. My Jeff can't eat enough of them. I caught 18 of them on a three-taker a few weeks ago. Five of them were big enough for a couple of meals. Today I got a big one (enough for a one person meal) and couple smaller ones, but they're still tasty. On The Tunnnels today on our second dive, a shark was our personal guide for the entire trip after I killed the first one. I think he sensed dinner but wasn't sure exactly where the smell was coming from or if he noticed I had a spear and was waiting for me to "serve him dinner".....lol

Keep up the good work of getting rid of the scum of the ocean! I'm proud of you!

Yay....Jenny!!!!

When she's not saving baby turtles, she's killing lionfishes...give our Jenny some much deserved RUM along with the bigger knife. :clapping:

Yes. Rum and a big knife! :D

Margaritas are good

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom