Scuba Snobs' BOOK 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Divemaster Dennis, I met a diver a couple weeks ago on the way to Catalina, she mentioned having met you on a trip (hawaii? Maybe I don't recall) and highly recommended your book, she loved it. i will have to look for the kindle editions. :)

We were just advised that the August 2012 edition of Undercurrent will (at least is planned to) include a feature article on Book 2. Reminder: if you buy book 1 or Book 2 from the connection on the undercurrent.org website, their profit is donated to reef preservation.
DivemasterDennis

I apologize for "jumping the gun." Undercurrent will be doing it's piece on the book, but in the Septemebr or October issue. Still, watch for it there - a great site to buy through to have profits go to reef conservation. Thanks! You can already buy Book 1 on their site.
DivemasterDennis

Looks like Book 2 will be discussed, reviewed, and ( if they do it like they did with Book1 ) generously excerpted ) in the September issue of Undercurrent. (undercurrent.org.) If you don't subscribe to this primo on line publication, you should. Check out their website.
DivemasterDennis

If you are in the area , come and visit with us at the Colorado Dive Show in Denver on September 28 and 29. Both books available there at special convention prices! And we'd love to hear your stories. Debbie will be there too, so you can meet the nice half of the Scuba Snobs.

The September 2012 of Undercurrent is out. And in this issue there is a nice feature on The Scuba Snobs' Guide to Diving Etiquette Book 2. Even if you are not a subscriber, you can read their comments and a brief excerpt. Subscribers will see a substantial article and excerpts from the book. Order the book through undercurrent and they donate their profits to reef conservation and preservation. ( you can order both through their books tab ). Enjoy! Buy the books- save a reef!
DivemasterDennis

Dennis & Debbie;

Thanks for another fun light hearted look at diving etiquette. The ability to state the truths about those irritating things we endure makes for a great read. . . . and of course we are going yes, yes that has peeved me off in the past too.

In book three a chapter on dive club ettiquette? Maybe touch on my ice diving instructor who showed me it is possible to write your initials in snow with a dry suit pee valve?

Anyway, must say it's much easier to read on the iPad so cheers for getting it into the iTunes store. Also mega cheers, it was cool to stumble on a quote from my SB post related to your first book.

Post Script: you may also want to mention that those who plan a long dive (more than an hour) on a single dive charter should aim to be in the water first. Otherwise those of us with less impressive breathing rates get to wait a long, long time for them to finish up. Read sea sick rules suddenly come into play.

Thanks, dive bug. Book 2 has more content and we think is even more entertaining than book 1. E book is available for kindle on amazon.com, ipad at the iTunes store and on bn.com, for nook. Good point about not making people sit on a pitching boat while you empty your tank. Perhaps that's a rule for book 3? I for one do not do well on a stationary boat ( see discussion on puking in book 1)
DivemasterDennis

Back
Top Bottom