Scuba Tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WVScubaSteve

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Where would be the best place to purchase new scuba tanks or good hydro tested tanks in North Central Florida?

Where would be the best place to purchase new scuba tanks or good hydro tested tanks in North Central Florida?
Depends on your time frame...
Dive Gear Express if you want them now.

If you can wait then your LDS may have some killer Black Friday or anniversary sales.

I just ordered a new Cyl-Tec Aluminum 80 from Amazon for $179. It comes with a fresh hydro (Which may be a year old) and no VIP. I'll get it inspected and filled.

I bet you could get a new tank sold/shipped to you from scuba.com cheaper than you could buy locally.

Sometimes LDS will do stuff like "10 free fill card with tank purchase"
But your best deals are going to be scubaboard, fb marketplace and offerup for used, just go get them inspected before use

There was a deal going 25yrs ago where you buy a tank for $500 and if you bought
50 fills for $10 from the shop over the following 12 months you would get a refund

Ten dollars was a bit pricey, and most rec divers were not likely, to buy all those fills

They saw me coming someone who would, shook their heads and locked the doors

or was there another reason

I'll echo the "buy online" responses. Another one to check out - Divers Supply has online sales but also a physical retail site in Jacksonville; check their prices, I've had great experiences dealing with them (including purchasing tanks), and their shipping (if you go online) is FAST since they're basically local to us. They ship ground so their tanks come with current VIP and hydro, with valve installed.

If you're interested in good used tanks (current vis/in hydro), Cave Country often has used tanks on consignment, you might stop by next time you're around and check their current inventory. There are also tons of used gear offered up for sale on FB groups, search around for north/central Florida scuba groups on Facebook.

Back
Top Bottom