Scuba Therapy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kimballa

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My husband and I were certified in 2009 through PADI, on the island of Roatan, and we loved it; however, we just didn't have time to dive again. On June 4, 2014, we booked a trip with our soon to be 17 year old daughter and nephew to Roatan to get back to scuba. Then, on June 6 th, 2014, our precious daughter unexpectedly passed away from a stroke, it was three days from her 17 th birthday, we were crushed. We told our nephew we just could not go to Roatan as scheduled but would look for a local shop, get his open water then go somewhere for Christmas. That summer we both rested in the strength of the Lord, encouragement from friends and faith while our nephew got his open water, then we decided we would all get enriched air and advanced open water. My husband and I went to Binaure in Novmber with some friends, then we took our nephew to Belize in December. We then became Dive Masters by May of this year (2015) and on the anniversary of our daughter's passing and her Birthday we were on a liveaboard in the Exumas. When we returned we started working towards completion of the IDC. On October 10, 2015, my husband, nephew and I were about to take our OWSI exams and my husband had a massive, acute heart attack. At the site were 11 people, Course Director, 2 Master Instructors, and the OWSI Candidates and we all were calm and deliberate in our actions. My husband survived, had a stint placed and 0% tissue damage. This experience pushed our healing even further. We know behind a shadow of a doubt that God has our best interest and our daughter's and all His children at heart. 40 days after his heart attack my husband and I took the dry suit certification and we have been diving this entire Christmas holiday. Our nephew passed the IE the weekend after my husband's heart attack, and we plan to finish this Spring (2016). We would do anything to have our daughter back, but we know she is in Heaven with the Lord, and we will see her again. The focus and beauty of diving has contributed to our healing and my husband calls it scuba therPy, it certainly has been.
I look forward to reading the stories and experiences of others here.
Humbly,
Kimballla

howdy and welcome from south Florida...so sorry for you loss and trials...good luck to you and yours for the future.

Back
Top Bottom