Scubaboard terms of service and politics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jimbo.. hakunamata.. i'm sure that was just the COT venom talkin'.. you'll be sorted in a few weeks =)

umm.. there's a TOS?

catherine96821:
Anybody except Howard feeling animosity?

Melissa thinks I am rude...she hates Hawaii and tells us all at least once a week. Sometimes that offends me...a little. I am constantly being told my kids are in private schools...but I have one child in Public and have not had any racism problems in six years. But I guess it is offensive to say that, ya? I feel protective...Hawaii is my home, people have been kind. Can't stop me from expressing that and just sitting by while you trash it. Oh...but we know our hometowns are sooo perfect back on the mainland. sigh.

I am not telling "YOU" I hate Hawaii- I am telling whoever asks about it. It is not all roses for some people. Just because you have not had racism problems does not mean it doesn't exist. We have had racist problems so I will let others know it does happen. I don't constantly tell you or anyone else your kids are in private school. I have never said my hometown is perfect so I don't know where you come up with that. Feel free to look through all of my posts and you will actually see that I don't say I hate Hawaii "once a week". You are complaining of a lady who doesn't want your kids in a room by themselves (in which you don't want to be either--hhhhmmm???) and call it discrimatory but if someone has had racial problems they can't say anything? You were being very rude telling someone they are being crotchety on THEIR post that got off track and you think that is okay or being nice? Yes, I understand you and your friends are excited about your new boat, but he only asked to get back to the subject and you took it out of context. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions whether you agree with them or not.

:usa_2: :usa_2: Koom ba ya........

as Lisa pointed out, we are "OHANA" that means FAMILY.

sometime feelings get hurt around the dinner table, but we all throw the frisbee in the
yard afterwords....
While we may disagree on a few things, we all love diving...........ain't that GREAT!!!!

oh......:usa_2: :usa_2:

:confined:

the thing about not wanting to be in the BR with 17 year olds was a little tongue in cheek. It was my way of saying "yea, I sorta see what you mean"

When I called them "my little darlings" it was also sort of not that serious, Melissa.

Anyway...moving right along. The political realities of Hawaiian conservation and reef environmental local action is impossible to seperate. I think people can love the place on their honeymoon, or hate the place and want to leave, and both be in a different situation from those of us who want to "work out the rubs" and accomplish some common ground to get things done about gill nets, irresponsible mindless development etc. I contend that if we cannot mention certain political realities...then we are cutting off our nose to spite our faces...but, unless you are really invested in Hawaii, then you just don't see that. Too easy to just talk about snorkels and operators and room costs. Pretty soon we won't have fish to ID.... passivist don't accomplish very much. We need to have a litlle leeway...we all adults.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom