Scubapro BA/156 parts & Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matthias700

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi every one im currently looking for some information on were to get original (new if possible ) or after market parts of the Scubapro 156/BA.

im looking for =
1.) the purge cover ( the black silicone )
2.) the exhaust mushroom valve ( is it specific or can i just custom fit one ? )
3.) the diaphragm ( i have been told that the G250 diaphragm is good for the 156/BA & dont know if its true or not )

another question, for those out there who have been using it for a while what did you upgrade on the 156/BA over the years ?

Thanks for your help and knowledge !!

The Scuba Museum may have the purge covers, I know he has white covers :wink:, you just have to go through the store pages.

The G250/G260 exhaust valve should work if it is a CE BA156, possibly using a nylon washer under the tail. Check the SM for the small 26mm valves (non CE) or go digging.

May not be right but I have interchanged diaphragm between G250/G260 and BA109/156. Since the end of VDH parts have become more of a challenge, not sure if there are still exhaust tees available.

The Scuba Museum may have the purge covers, I know he has white covers :wink:, you just have to go through the store pages.

The G250/G260 exhaust valve should work if it is a CE BA156, possibly using a nylon washer under the tail. Check the SM for the small 26mm valves or go digging.

May not be right but I have interchanged diaphragm between G250/G260 and BA109/156. Since the end of VDH parts have become more of a challenge, not sure if there are still exhaust tees available.
Thanks
Much appreciated !!

May not be right but I have interchanged diaphragm between G250/G260 and BA109/156.
During the mid 80's until mid 90's while Scubapro was selling both Balanced Adjustables and G250s, both used the same diaphragm part number.

Hi every one im currently looking for some information on were to get original (new if possible ) or after market parts of the Scubapro 156/BA.

im looking for =
1.) the purge cover ( the black silicone )
2.) the exhaust mushroom valve ( is it specific or can i just custom fit one ? )
3.) the diaphragm ( i have been told that the G250 diaphragm is good for the 156/BA & dont know if its true or not )

another question, for those out there who have been using it for a while what did you upgrade on the 156/BA over the years ?

Thanks for your help and knowledge !!
I upgraded the second stage to the newer s wing white poppet and bal. chamber and spring. This was a kit sold by Bryan. The diaghram was a new old stock blue for a G250 and the first stage is an Aqua Lung SEA first stage adjusted to 150psi. breathes less than one inch and is stable.

During the mid 80's until mid 90's while Scubapro was selling both Balanced Adjustables and G250s, both used the same diaphragm part number.
Do you know the part number please?

I upgraded the second stage to the newer s wing white poppet and bal. chamber and spring. This was a kit sold by Bryan. The diaghram was a new old stock blue for a G250 and the first stage is an Aqua Lung SEA first stage adjusted to 150psi. breathes less than one inch and is stable.
Thanks for your information 🙂 !!

I managed to collect from regulator technicians and dive shops enough used reg pieces
due to manufacturers unnecessary parts replacement programs to last me 7.83 lifetimes

I managed to collect from regulator technicians and dive shops enough used reg pieces
due to manufacturers unnecessary parts replacement programs to last me 7.83 lifetimes
Lucky Diver 😅

Do you know the part number please?
Diaphragm 11-250-xxx and 11-109-xxx was used in both G250 and Balanced Adjustable. The last 3 digits are usually related to color and so not relevant to correct fit.
11-300-xxx and 11-256-xxx are G250 diaphragms that should also work in Balanced Adjustable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom