Scubapro Cousins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TimDivesAtomic

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just picked up this Brand New Old Stock Balanced Adjustable... It's awesome!!!!! ScubaproCousins.jpg

Nice reg. It's newer than I thought. I had to look up the history of it. Looks so much like a 109 I wouldn't know what it was without reading the front cover. Congrats on your find.

Here's the link to the Scubapro history. 109's were introduced in '69, Balanced Adjustables in 85

Second Stage

Looks like a great reg... However, did anyone notice that the Scubapro "S" on the purge is upside down...:wink:

The matte chrome Balanced Adjustables were the last metal cased regs SP made prior to the A700 and were sold from 1994 to 1997 - the last few years of Balanced Adjustable production. They were intended to match the matte chrome finish Mk 15 and Mk 20 before being discontinued.

It may be an older reg with a new mat chrome ring.......it has an older style adjustment knob and rubber purge cover with round holes.
Is the body also mat chrome?
Does it have a gold or plastic orifice?
New white S wing with one or two o rings?

Last edited:
The matte chrome Balanced Adjustables were the last metal cased regs SP made prior to the A700 and were sold from 1994 to 1997 - the last few years of Balanced Adjustable production. They were intended to match the matte chrome finish Mk 15 and Mk 20 before being discontinued.

Deleted

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom