Question ScubaPro G250 Blue Rhapsody with Sticky cover

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RickFDA

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi everybody, Riccardo from Modena, Northern Italy...

I just put my hands on a beautiful G250 Blue Rhapsody, which looks like new, with front cover and G250 and SCUBAPRO writing still perfect.

But... because there is always a but... the front cover is somehow "sticky", you touch it and it is far from being a smooth surface, like if there was an adhesive layer on it.
Any Idea on how to fix it? I was thinking to spray a layer of matte clear coat, but I'd like to avoid doing something stupid :)

Anybody had the same issue in the past?

Thanks in advance!

Rick

I would find an adhesive remover. I use a product called Citrol, which is a milder citrus-based product. Buona fortuna!

I'd be real careful with any remover. The covers were hand painted. You don't know what the remover may do to the paint below the sticky layer....

I would find an adhesive remover. I use a product called Citrol, which is a milder citrus-based product.
Thanks for your reply, I'm a bit scared to remove the decals as well... I don't know which kind of coating SB used to paint the cover...

Here's a couple of pictures of the beauty...

Attachments

• IMG_20240414_161404.jpg
    IMG_20240414_161404.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20240414_161242.jpg
    IMG_20240414_161242.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 30
the "button" removes easily, so no worry of damaging it...

[edit]

oops, I see you meant the writing... my bad...

the "button" removes easily, so no worry of damaging it...

[edit]

oops, I see you meant the writing... my bad...
No problem, yes... I'm a bit scared to remove the writing or even the colors....
My feeling is that it has a kind of clear coat to protect the colors, and this coat is giving up for any reason.

Most adhesive removers advise you to try it in an inconspicuous area first to make sure it won’t do any damage. So maybe try it on an edge of the cover first…maybe on the bottom near the exhaust?

You also have a “compaesano” here on SB @Angelo Farina who is a ScubaPro expert who might offer some suggestions.

Most adhesive removers advise you to try it in an inconspicuous area first to make sure it won’t do any damage. So maybe try it on an edge of the cover first…maybe on the bottom near the exhaust?

You also have a “compaesano” here on SB @Angelo Farina who is a ScubaPro expert who might offer some suggestions.
just tried with some isopropyl alcohol on the inside of the cover, where there are small spots of color, and it easily removed the sticky layer... and the color! :)
Need to find another way.
Ciao,
Rick

Back
Top Bottom