Scubapro gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You BC choice may be sound, it's just not a brand that is very common, it would seem. Is the review you spoke of online anywhere? What magazine?

The two most-commonly recommended BCs I see here are the ScubaPro KnightHawk and the Zeagle Ranger. Then you have the option of a bp/w, or an in-between like the TransPac, but I don't have the energy to start that discussion now...

The regs are a solid choice.

The T-Sport is Scubapro, same as the Knighthawk. Just come accross the Knighthawk in a mag review and does sound like what I am looking for; "relatively light weight and pack up much small than the equivalent BCD ... it can cope equally well with hardcore British diving or occasional foreign forays" (Sport Diver Mag). Will need to get down the shops for a fitting and a play. The drop down pockets look like they could be a love or hate thing!

Before I chose a bp/w, I seriously considered a knighthawk.

This is a very good bcd and while individual preferences may vary, nobody here will actually give you any crap for this one. However, it is a back inflate. Unfortunately this will cause you to have better stability underwater - which may cause you to spend too much time diving - which may suck money out of your wallet.

I have a knighthawk with air2. I have had no problems and find it very comfortable.
It is really comfortable for carrying a long way on a shore dive etc. It isn't super light and compact for traveling though.

Any ideas what sort of weight ... and how do you find the drop down pockets?
Still not totally decided, going to visit a couple of LDS's and try on some kit but on paper I'm favouring the knighthawk at the moment. Love the low profile look and seems to be a popular choice.

Wow... just visited a LDS and the guy gave me a basic run through of what to look for in all basic kit for 1 1/2 hours (I intended to have a quick look and chat) without any intention of selling anything, simply pointing out all the things to look for in each item for suitability for UK and holiday diving. At the end he basically told me to go shop around. I was seriously impressed with the TUSA Evolution Platina Cube; it is extremely adjustable, has all the essential features and looks extremely well put together. His reg recommendation was the Oceanic FDX10/Delta 4. He justified all his recommendations with very sound points. Prices were 10-15% more than web prices. For a novice like me this is probably worth paying for the peace of mind and confidence of good advice. And, best of all, they dive loads!

Mk17 and 555 is an excellent choice.
SP Knighthawk, I was thinking about it before.... before I noticed about the bp/w
Very good bc but pricewise it's $435... with that price you can get a bp/w already.

Then you mentioned that you wanted a light BC, I don't think Knighthawk is a "light bc" at all, I'd say Seaquest spectrum, or passport, or even some tusa bc, Selena or so.
But I think if you're not sure yet, it's ok to rent bc first and you can continue to do your searching afterwards, I am not sure buying in a rush is a good idea. My 2 cents only.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom