Question ScubaPro J-Valve Parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
T
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I picked up a steel ScubaPro tank with a J-valve this week and would like to replace the soft seats and o-rings. I have the exploded manual page (Cat. No. 14-152-000). Does anyone know if there are kits still available for this valve? TIA.

The O-rings should be available. I don’t know why you would want to replace the soft seats, as they most likely are just fine, even all these years later. I have several Scubapro J-valves, and have never replaced the soft seats.

SeaRat

Are soft seats when you have a big bum and need a seat with more sponge and some springs

The O-rings should be available. I don’t know why you would want to replace the soft seats, as they most likely are just fine, even all these years later. I have several Scubapro J-valves, and have never replaced the soft seats.

SeaRat
Thanks for the reply.
All the soft seats and o-rings were dry rotted. I just got the tank back this weekend from Hydro and visual (PASSED); so now I'm going to pursue getting this valve rebuilt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom