Scubapro MK20 factory recall DIN conversion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JP_SCUBA

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've got a question in regards to the recall of the MK20 due to over torquing the stem causing cracking of the body. I have 2 MK20's that have never been upgraded as I bought them used many years ago but have never had any problem with them. I attached a picture of what Scubapro shows as the way to tell if one has been upgraded. 2 slots in the saddle is updated and 3 slots has not. Mine both have 3 slots. I've purchased new Scubapro #10.045.030 DIN kits for both regs to convert. So my question is, will the installation of these DIN kits negate whatever the Scubapro recall addresses? In my research, it seems the issue is that the original stem is too long and doesn't tighten on the shoulder but rather over pressurizes the o-ring seat causing a body fracture?cracking condition. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. TIA ..... JP ....

Attachments

• MK20 Service Recall Update.JPG
    MK20 Service Recall Update.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 129
It should.... Compare the stem on your reg and the one in the conversion. The conversion should have a rim on the stem to limit how far it can be threaded in. The real question is, why did you buy them if the recall would address them? My LDS did all 4 of my (purchased used) MK20 firsts without any cost to me only a few years back...

It should.... Compare the stem on your reg and the one in the conversion. The conversion should have a rim on the stem to limit how far it can be threaded in. The real question is, why did you buy them if the recall would address them? My LDS did all 4 of my (purchased used) MK20 firsts without any cost to me only a few years back...
I picked up a couple more tanks with the dual DIN/Yoke valves and I want to change to DIN on my MK20 and MK25. I'll call my LDS and ask if they can still do the upgrade for the recall and have it done just to be current..... JP

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom