Scubapro MK25 IP Creep

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is another Aussie trait - the sceptic. I don't think I would have posted the OP if I was the "....................scuba technician..... incognito ??????????",

It's happened before. It's always entertaining to offer assistance to a technician that is not supposed to sell us parts because we might kill ourselves. :wink: After all, they do have a WHOLE WEEKEND of training and a hard-earned certificate to show for it.

Usually the good techs recognize the absurdity of the situation and are just normal people interested in solving problems.

It's happened before. It's always entertaining to offer assistance to a technician that is not supposed to sell us parts because we might kill ourselves. :wink: After all, they do have a WHOLE WEEKEND of training and a hard-earned certificate to show for it.

Usually the good techs recognize the absurdity of the situation and are just normal people interested in solving problems.

While watching the end of your first stage regulator slowly disappear off into the deep, it does pass ones mind that the technician who cleaned and serviced your regulator set for a mere $200 must have been well trained to split the end cap allowing it to fall apart. Us mere mortals clearly don't have the understanding or ability to perform a service to this level of competency.

You are right, the good ones go further to deliver a quality job, the bad ones are in a rush to offload the work and snatch the money and move on to greener (read $) pastures.

I completely agree with the sentiment (and why I'm on a path to service my own regs) but it gets old to bemoan the problem again and again. Besides, picking on those poorly paid technicians is like picking on TSA agents who are just trying to get through the day.

There are lawyers everywhere. There must be several, retired, with time to spare, who'd take it upon himself/herself to sue the scuba gear manufacturers so that parts are made available to its customers. Maybe get their 15mins of fame. Anyone?

While watching the end of your first stage regulator slowly disappear off into the deep, it does pass ones mind that the technician who cleaned and serviced your regulator set for a mere $200 must have been well trained to split the end cap allowing it to fall apart. Us mere mortals clearly don't have the understanding or ability to perform a service to this level of competency.

You are right, the good ones go further to deliver a quality job, the bad ones are in a rush to offload the work and snatch the money and move on to greener (read $) pastures.

You can blame lawyers all you want but they are not the problem. Certainly equipment manufacturers can make divers sign a liability waiver before purchasing parts. The no parts sales is the model in the scuba industry to provide an additional revenue stream for the LDS. You can buy parts for your car, gun, or even an airplane but not scuba gear because it is life support.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom