Scubapro mouthpiece clamp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rr75

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
On my new Scubapro reg, there's one of the removable mouthpiece clamps (instead of a zip tie). Now that I have my own reg, I was looking to install one of the customizable mouthpieces instead of the stock Scubapro one.

So how do I undo the Scubapro mouthpiece clamp? I see what looks sort of like a lever, but does that pull up, push over, or something else? It doesn't appear to be listed in SP's manual or their website.

Thanks!

just pulls up

I know this is an old thread, but I have run into one of the little jewels and try as I might, I cannot get it to release. Other than breaking it off are there any suggestions from others who have dealt with this Rube Goldberg? I too checked the SP website and could find no information on it. When I first saw it, I thought it might be a good idea….now #$@%

As stated just go to the underside of the leaver and lift up if you cant do it with your fingers then use a flathead screwdriver to slowly lift it. Your regs might be salt encrusted a little so if you still cant open it soak it in fresh water for an hour or two and try again. I find mine easy to open but a bit harder to put back together, also the designs are different on my A700 lever to my octo R395 one.

It's just a very straight forward metal hook; bend it out and up (away from the mouth piece) and you're there. And if you really have to break it, a cable tie would do nicely:D

Attachments

• P1020108s.jpg
    P1020108s.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 853
If I owned one it'd be gone the first time I had to take the mouthpiece off. At work I save and reuse the customers' clamps. Every time I see one I have to figure out again how it works! A good zip tie is far superior if you ask me.

When I replaced the mouth piece on my Scubapro Reg, I replaced a the clamp with a zip tie since my reg almost came out of the mouth piece on a dive.

OK….well I'm disappointed these won't serve the intended purpose. I thought it would be a handy thing to have on the regs I teach my kids to dive. When I was an instructor, all too often I would have a student bite off the tabs or otherwise find a problem with a mouthpiece that needed changing. When I saw this clamp, I thought it would be a good thing to be able to swap out mouthpieces without needing tools/zip ties etc.

Is there no one out there who has had positive results with these?

Thanks,

Couv

Here's another (neg) one: it only fits tight on the original SP mouthpieces; very loose on 2 different aftermarkets I tried.

But then my kids don't chew them up.

I got mine to work with my Seacure just fine. A bit tough to close back up, but it worked. But I agree, a zip tie is faster/easier.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom