Scubapro O-ring Sizes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey guys,

I've run across two additional pages with o-ring sizing (2nd stages). It's all one file with the first stages (4 pages total - the first two are the same as superstar posted earlier in this thread, though without the bleed through when scanned), but I thought it might be of some use to everyone.

View attachment 74341

….now we just need Zung to work his magic and put the AS586 dash numbers on it. :D

….now we just need Zung to work his magic and put the AS586 dash numbers on it. :D

Awap has a chart that converts SP o-ring part numbers into standard sizes. I'm sure he'd be happy to post it.

Here's some new info on what goes into SP's current kits (o-rings, seats, etc.). What I find interesting is in looking at what's in a D series kit - or what's not in it. It appears that an "annual" now changes only 3 items (though I understand that the individual shop is able to change out any additional parts and SP will reimburse them, they just don't come in the kits anymore).

View attachment KIT-CHART.pdf

Here's some new info on what goes into SP's current kits (o-rings, seats, etc.). What I find interesting is in looking at what's in a D series kit - or what's not in it. It appears that an "annual" now changes only 3 items (though I understand that the individual shop is able to change out any additional parts and SP will reimburse them, they just don't come in the kits anymore).

View attachment 74371

The poppet assembly does include the 2 dynamic o-rings in a D-xxx and the "ring" is the pre-shaped o-ring that seals the switch to the case. There are 2 more o-rings on the inlet, 2 on the housing, and 1 on the cap that are static and should last quite some time. Then there is the LP hose o-ring that may be considered dynamic. All of these o-rings should be removed for cleaning and inspection which subjects them to some opportunity for damage. I do not routinely replace mine when I do my service but I do have to wonder about the economy of a professional tech not replacing them. I mean, they do try to tell us that the reason they replace perfectly good service parts is so the customer is more likely to have a full year of problem free service.

I also would have some serious doubts about how many D-xxx come out of service at some LDSs with less than complete disassembly and inspection and the ring sealing the switch unchanged. Replacing the poppet and the setscrew is very simple. Complete disassembly and replacing the switch seal probably quadruples (or more) the service man-hours.

For that matter, since the D-xxx can last for quite a long time with excellent performance and can be difficult to service and adjust properly, I'm sure there are some that simply get an inspection and external cleaning. Of course, the shop tells you; "If you have any problems, just bring it back. That will be $25. Thank you." And they also now have a free $10 kit that they will sell for another $25.

Gents,

Here's a partial delivery of couv's order. As you can see, there's quite a few o-rings I can't cross-reference, possibly because they're made of different material. I hope somebody can fill in the blanks, then I'll post a final version.

Thanks.

Edit
Added in blue data from awap, now only a few are missing.

Attachments

• O-Rings_V2.5.pdf
    384.1 KB · Views: 579
Last edited:
OTOH, a MK20/25 Kit contains 21 items, *all* o-rings including the port plug ones, and a shim. A much better deal:D

I had to dig out a new Mk25 kit and take a look. Sure enough, the current kit does seem to have every o-ring. Kit contents change periodically. An old Mk25 kit I have had only 4 o-ring ( 2xLP piston, 1 HP piston, and the seat). With a cost to the manufacturer that is under a nickle each, the only explanation I can see as to why they are not all there is that they just are not necessary.

Thanks Zung,

Tell your boss thanks too :D

c

Back
Top Bottom