Question Scubapro reg identification help?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any SP shop should be able to rebuild your Mk VII "honker", as internally it uses MK V parts. You can rebuild your R109 and upgrade it to a "balanced adjustable" as well, so everything is serviceable and can give many more decades of enjoyment.

Thanks for the reply James! I should have taken more time before I posted to inspect the reg, because I see after looking at it a bit that it’s a mark VII. And after some googling it seems that this is a honker. Could you guys confirm? I’d love to know more about this reg too! I’m a younger diver in my thirties and I’ve never heard of these before today. Is it something that could be serviced and still used? If not the 1st stage, what about just the second stage? Would love to hear your thoughts.
Congrats!
Nice find!
Your Combo is quite sure from 1976, SN700251
The first digit is the production year, the rest the SN ( 7 digits for the 109, 6 digits for the 108.
This system was implemented in '74 and modified in '78, when also the first digit identified the production year, but the second indicated the catalog number (8 or 9), the following four digits would be the SN, and a letter in the end would designate the production place, again 6 digits for the 108, 7 for the 109.

Your reg was manufactured in 1967. This limits the type of first stage to a select few.

That first stage is a MK7 honker. Parts are difficult to come by for those.

Second stage can be serviced. I’ll let the vintage guys take over from here.
I'm desperate to have 3 MkVII repaired

Back
Top Bottom