Scubapro Regulator Museum - Every Scubapro Reg Ever Made

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

By the way, that 1800 foot dive was operation deep dive, where the navys experimental dive unit supported five or six divers on the pilot. I do not believe the feat has ever been matched.

Wow, that's pretty impressive.

The Hot Covers were pretty cool and are still very collectable. Personally I like them and wish Scubapro would do something similar with the G250V. "Ugly"s a word better applied to the newer SP covers like the A700 and S600. All lines rivies and edges with no grace and damn little style.

The Hot Covers were hand painted in 5 styles and the paint was applied on top of the clear covers used in the clear G250 variant.

When you look at the Balanced Adjustable and G250 evolution as well as the Pilot/Air 1/D300,350,400 evolution and consider it all happended in the late 1970s to early 1990's - and then consider get away from the herd things like Hot Covers, it is apparent that Scubapro, and the OC scuba industry as a whole was at it's peak then with not a whole lot worth mentioning happening since. It's pretty sad.

Those Hot Covers are Hot"! reminds me of the airmax range. The A700 is not too bad, rather art deco modernist feel with state of art performance, also very small compact head for streamlining. I considered getting the g250v for vintage looks but cannot justify the bulk of its head size.

I was wondering where my older regs went...

My oldest tank is a Healthways with a J-valve

I was wondering where my older regs went...

My oldest tank is a Healthways with a J-valve
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Very impressive! Adds soo much to the discussion...

SDM

---------- Post added January 13th, 2013 at 07:50 AM ----------

FYI

A world class collection! Bravo!

FYI--The two founders of SCUBA Pro was Gus and Richard "Dick" Bonin. They purchased the rights for a dollar..they scraped together $20,000.00 to restart SCUBA Pro--first catalog was in 1963

SCUBA Pro went public and was sold to JWC

Gus retired from Scuba Pro established a winery in Nor Cal and passed away some years ago..Dick remained a while as President a CEO.
Dick is 84 years young, retired and living in So Cal. In his Christmas card he stated 2012 was the worst year of his life-lets hope for a better 2013.

SCUBA Pro was originally established by Heathways, owned by Richard "Dick" Klein, who passed away many years ago. In prior to going bankrupt 1962 Heathways published a a 1962 SCUBA Pro Catalog, which is now very very rare, there fore $$$$$.
Dick Klein copyrighted the name "SCUBA" early in the game...used the word "SCUBA" in most of his products

The regulators displayed in the 1962 catalog are unique with a very interesting rounded second stage cover.

Per Dick Bonin: The first MK I was produced by Sherwood- not Heathways

Dick Klein's cousin purchased the remants of Healthways and established "SCUBA Master" in early 1970s, producing and marketing a full line of equipment including regulators for several years. SCUBA Master catalogs and regulators are condsidered very rare for the collector of diving equipment. They should possibly be included in the SCUBA Pro collection.

Would like to see the entire collection..will be in L town during 2013 Derby week -

sdm

They called it the Bend-O-Matic? :confused:

Wow. Just wow.

It was named the "Automatic Decompression Computer" by Scubapro. Bend-O Matic was the nickname it earned among users in a manner that is self-explanatory.

I found that even converted pilot and D-series breath better than A700 or G250V or S600.

It's my favorite reg now and I dive it 60% of the time.

Zocrowes255, What's your opinion of the sb pilot, beside it being complicated. I presently dive one now and I believe it to be the best breathing reg ever made. I know it to breath easier than my a700.

Also I am aware of it's origin.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom