Closed Sea and Sea YS-03 TTL Strobe - Price reduced

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoag

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Sea and Sea YS-03 in Like new Condition $250 $200 (or best reasonable offer)

Easy and Versatile Slave TTL
As the YS-03 has been designed to mimic the light intensity of the camera's built-in flash, it is not necessary to manually adjust power output. The YS-03 is compatible with any camera with pre-flash that has a TTL flash exposure function, regardless of make.

Simple Controls
The YS-03 has been designed for any underwater photographer to use and is easy to understand. The only control is the rotary power switch and by simply turning the switch from OFF to TTL you can take beautiful images.

Comes with diffuser.
The half-translucent section diffuses and softens the light from the strobe. Using the diffuser gives softer, more evenly exposed images. The diffuser will also help reduce effects of overexposed images or when strong light produces shade/shadow in the image.

TECH SPECS
Guide Number (ISO 100/m) (land): 20

Beam Angle: 100°x 100° (with diffuser 110°x110°)

Batteries: 4xAA A: 6V Ni-MH: 4.8V (not Included)

Number of Flashes: A: 230 Ni-MH: 330

Recycle Time (full): A: 3.1 sec. Ni-MH: 2.5 sec.

Colour Temperature: 5600K
Colour Temperature w/diffuser: 5250K

Depth Rating: 75m
 (roughly 245ft)
Dimensions (WxHxD): 68x108x129mm

Weight: 430g (w/o batteries) * Fixing bolt fitted
Underwater Weight: Approx. +10g (w/batteries)

FUNCTIONS
- Exposure control: Slave TTL
- Slave function
- Auto power OFF function
- Sync cord: Fiber-Optic Cable
- Over-pressure relief valve
INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: Fixing bolt, diffuser
YS-0301.jpg
YS-0302.jpg
YS-0303.jpg
YS-0304.jpg

Price drop: Now $200 or best reasonable offer.

Is this still available? (Sorry, I don't have enough posts to DM)

Sorry for the late response. Your DM reply went to my spam and I just saw it.
I'm currently in Bonaire for two more weeks and need to figure out if I can get it here in time to be useful.

It is still available, but to be honest, I don't think that there is time to get it to you while you are still in Bonaire. By the time the payment would get to me and clear and I ship it to you, I think you would likely already be home.

I hope that you have an amazing trip while you are there though.

Probably right. My strobe died down here and I was hoping to get something to save the rest of the trip. When I get home with my equipment and tools I may be able to fix mine (advantages of being an EE) but If I can't I'll be back to you and hope it's still available. Thanks.

Hi Hoag,

I'm interested in your strobe. Been looking at this one for a while, so I think I'm aware of specifications but would just like more info, ie. condition, age, history, etc. Have already purchased one on Amazon, but can still cancel if we're able to reach a deal. Would it come with the sea and sea fiber optic cable or any other accessories? Reason for selling? Incidentally, I'm located in BC...thanks,

Tom

Hi Hoag,

I'm interested in your strobe. Been looking at this one for a while, so I think I'm aware of specifications but would just like more info, ie. condition, age, history, etc. Have already purchased one on Amazon, but can still cancel if we're able to reach a deal. Would it come with the sea and sea fiber optic cable or any other accessories? Reason for selling? Incidentally, I'm located in BC...thanks,

Tom
Hi Tom,

Thank you for asking. Let me see if I can answer your questions.

I am not sure exactly how old the strobe is, but I only used it on one trip. (If I was to guess, I would guess maybe 5 years old, but I got a good deal on a pair of Inon S2000 strobes shortly after I did that one trip with it, so I switched to them.) Since then, this strobe has traveled with me on several trips, but has sat in my camera bag as a spare and I haven't used it since that first trip.

To be honest, the strobe is in "Like new" condition. I know that is a bit of a cliche, but it truly is. It works as well as the day I got it and the appearance of it is basically flawless. It is, however, as I mentioned above a few years old so as a precaution, it probably would not be a bad idea to replace the o-ring on the battery compartment. I do not still have the Sea & Sea fiber optic cable for it. I use the fiber optic cable to trigger my Inon strobes so I still need it.

As for why I am selling, there are two main reasons. The first is simply because at this point, I don't think I need to travel with 3 strobes "just in case". The second reason (and this kind of goes hand-in-hand with the first reason) is that I am trying to downsize the amount of gear that I travel with.

I hope I have answered your questions. If you have any others, please let me know and I will do my best to answer them. Also, if you decide that you are interested in this strobe, please let me know that as well.

Thanks very much, Hoag, for your honest and complete reply. Will give it more thought and get back to you if I decide to move forward.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom