Sold! Sea Hornet Command Air Regulators

Sold!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JaSr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a few Command Air regulators (first and second stages) that I would like to dispose of.
I am planning to relocate overseas and although I would love to keep these it is just not practical.

All regulators were manufactured by T.D. Preece. and Co.
Two tech / deep setups each with; DIN fitting first stage, single second stage regulator and pressure gauge.
One single tank setup with; yoke fitting first stage, two second stage regulators, pressure gauge and compass. This setup has an Apollo yoke .. I liked the Apollo yoke for undoing when my hands were cold.

All offers will be considered.
Single tank setup is shown in attached file:

I have other dive gear available DM me to ask any questions or to discuss an offer.

Attachments

• Single tank Regs.jpg
    Single tank Regs.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 68
Not worth much as no spare parts are available as far as I know anymore from the manufacturer. I purchased enough spare parts to last me for the rest of my diving. Great regs!

They can be serviced with punched LP seats. commonly available o-rings and the HP seat easily refaced by spinning it in a drill against some wet and dry paper on a piece of glass.
I had a run of second stage springs made up, as they are often corroded or replaced by the wrong one meaning it cracks at 2”+ instead of the originally designed 0.5”
If you need a new diaphragm then yes very hard to find now but not impossible as ProSub in Germany still have stock plus a few other parts.
They are a very high performance reg… a real sleeper well worth resurrecting!

They can be serviced with commonly available o-rings and the HP seat refaced by spinning it in a drill against some wet and dry paper on a piece of glass.
I had a run of second stage springs made up, as they are often corroded or replaced by the wrong one meaning it cracks at 2”+ instead of the originally designed 0.5”
If you need a new diaphragm then yes very hard to find now but not impossible as ProSub in Germany still have stock plus a few other parts.
They are a very high performance reg… a real sleeper well worth resurrecting!
Yes you are correct Fibonacci they really are a high performance regulator.
These were used to depths of 70m in the tropics and regularly to depths of 50 and 58m around the NSW North Coast, Sydney, Newcastle and NSW South Coast regions.
Always supplied air as needed. I consider these my best investment as a diver.

Not worth much as no spare parts are available as far as I know anymore from the manufacturer. I purchased enough spare parts to last me for the rest of my diving. Great regs!
Yes manufacturer has gone now. But maybe still worth something to someone.
I do not have high expectations on the price.
They were great regs and deserve more than the rubbish bin.

20211101_072834.jpg

This is the one my wife used for years, I serviced it a couple of years ago.

20211101_072902.jpg

20211101_130118.jpg

Slightly cheesy Sea Hornet promo but a good overview of features and basic servicing... note hand-drawn sections!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom