For Sale Sea & Sea Dual Electrical Sync Cables PRICE REDUCED!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the offer Jim, but I'll only drop it to $70 + $15 shipping. I'm considering keeping it for my rig for faster recycling times than optical method.

Happy diving,

Marshall
You should definitely keep it...If your strobes can handle it...Electronic firing is definitely the way to go. Try taking 5 continuous shots at medium strobe power with optical and electronic firing...and see how many shots actually get light. If you are shooting sharks, you have a much better chance of getting the killer shot. I already have 2 so I don't really need another.

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the info. I read a review today of my Sony a6500 by Jim Decker at Backscatter about the use of optical flash. Apparently the camera does not have the capability of reducing flash power to cut the popup flash recycling time. Using electrical connections changes things as you point out. One surprsie was to see I can shoot with a higher sync speed than the paultry 1/160 sec that the popup flash uses. Apparently the electrical connection allows a 1/250 sync speed which is very advantagous for that black background look. I've never been real happy with the slow flash sync speed of the Sony's compared to 1/250 for my old Canon rig.

I'm going to take your advise and keep the dual flash cord since I shoot with dual Inon Z-240's that have electric inputs. My Inon S-2000 I use for back and side lighting, and sometimes for a lighter travel rig, has a small mirror for flash trigger of the main. My optical cables and popup flash can always be used for backup in case there's an electrical issue.

I'll contact Reef and see what connector I need for the housing and camera to switch over to electrical trigger. If you have any such connectors, let me know and I'll purchase from you.

Happy diving,

Marshall

Sea and Sea dual sync cable still available. Like new condition

$70 plus shipping.

Marsh

this is the one I use, but they are camera and strobe dependent....

Did a couple dives at Pt. Lobos yesterday...So Cold...Used to Hawaii diving now

hey Marsh would you take $70 plus shipping to Australia?
I would consider it when I get home. I'm currently in the Philippines and won't be home until July 28, so there's no way I can ship it to you until then.

Thanks,

Marshall

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom