Sea & Sea DX8000G stand alone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharky60

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I guess this it the place to post this,

Does anyone sell the S&S DX8000G camera by it's self? This camera is also the Ricoh Caplio GX8, both cameras are discontinued for the new 10Meg versions.

All ads I've seen for places that still have it, show the camera and the housing as a package.

I already have the DX5000G Island Package and don't need the housing.

Good luck finding one. I scoured the net earlier this year trying to find either the 5000 or 8000. One note, after I found a 5000 my dive shop mentioned to me that I should have talked to them first. They said they have contacts at Sea & Sea that still could get them either model. They may have been full of s***. But if it helps, look up US Scuba in Rochester, Mi. Give them a call it couldn't hurt.

Your best bet is to find an authorized service dealer for Sea & Sea. They sometimes have refurbed cameras. When my 3000 flooded a few years ago that was how I replaced it. Since then I only buy cameras and housing separate.

Thanks for the tips guys. Yeah I've been all over the net looking for both the dx8000g & the GX8, you can't find either.

I have gotten great results with my 5000, and was doing more research to see what's out there at this point, then seriously thinking about buying the 8000. that is unless I could find one at a close out price too good to pass up.

Back
Top Bottom