sea sickness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

homerdoc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My wife's birthday is coming up and on several florida dive boat trips she has gotten seasick.

She is not a big medicine taker, but asked for a "relief band" for her birthday - she had read about it somewhere.

Do they actually do anything? I do realize a lot of this is placebo effect, but wanted some opinions - the electronic ones are 140 bucks on amazon and there are bracelets with little spikes that are like 15 bucks.

Just didnt want to throw money away

The electronic one works pretty well for my wife, who is very prone to motion sickness. It is more effective than the pressure bands. There are different stimulus settings. Make sure you use the electrolyte gel. When we do bareboat charters (where we stick to fairly calm waters) she is fine with just Bonine pills.

Thanks for the replies - of all the scuba gear I have bought - these might be cheapest thing in the bag...I think I will just buy both and give it a whirl! At a minimum it will give her something to think about and she can wear the non-electronic one while she dives.

Will report back after our next florida trip - we seem to have the luck of 3-5's everytime we go.

My wife is also pretty prone to sea sickness. The band seemed to maybe delay it, but didn't prevent it. Bonine has worked well for her, at least as well as Dramamine without the drowsiness. Buddy's wife uses the electronic band and really likes it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom