ScubaBoard needs your help...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Friends, divers and ScubaBoardians...

This year marks the 20th year that ScubaBoard has been in existence. It's been a fun 20 years and the longest 'job' I've ever had. Lord knows, the industry hates us because we allow the unwashed masses to comment freely about them. We don't moderate for content, not even for advertisers, only for kindness. The mods and I have tried to make this a great place for you to come get unvarnished opinions on agencies, instructors, gear and dive destinations.

While that's great for you, it makes it hard to sell advertisements. Add to that, the impact Facebook has had on all the Scuba forums and how DEMA pushes them but not the forums, and we've been struggling financially for years. I've tried to not burden you with this and have learned to do more with less. That means that some things around here have not been updated, like our platform simply because we can't afford it. :(

Then the pandemic. It's hit our industry hard and I've seen threads dedicated to helping the DMs at various locales and encouraging people to buy gear. The travel agencies, the manufacturers and dive ops have all had to cut costs and advertising is usually the first thing cut. Consequently, we've lost even more advertisers with this and are currently down to two. Two. We were bare bones before with my debt slowly mounting, but this is really serious.

So sadly, I could really use your financial assistance. If you're a regular user, whether a reader or contributor, please consider Going Red. If you've gone Red, as a supporter, please consider upping your membership to ScubaBoard Sponsor or making a one-time donation through www.PayPal.me/ScubaBoard . If you're an LDS or dive op, please consider becoming a ScubaBoard Business Sponsor. That includes 10,000 impressions. If you run/own an agency, s Scuba manufacturer, a travel agency or Dive resort then please contact me to discuss becoming an advertiser. After all, you've got the eyes of lots of people who are looking to do something with Scuba. Unfortunately, I can't even afford stickers at this time, so I can't send any.

In addition, if you can set up complex websites and have experience with cpanel, AWS and/or xenForo, I could really use your assistance for a website update.

I love this forum too. It is great that we don’t have a heavy hand of industry moderating what gets posted. I will try to help more. I just upgraded to a supporter. If I go sponsor, does my current membership applies towards sponsor?

I went Red recently after too many years of not being a supporter. I'd hate to see ScubaBoard not make it. It has been so incredibly valuable to my diving life for going on 15 years now.

Just became a supporter.
This is a great site.

Back
Top Bottom