Sealife Dragon Duo 6000 - buoyancy floats needed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris Ra

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello!

This is a question directed to owners of a Sealife Sea Dragon Duo setup. I plan to use the following equipment for the first time in the ocean:

- Sealife Sea Dragon Duo 6000F

- Canon G7X compact camera + Canon housing

- two additional Flex-arms

Do you use any kind of buoyancy floats with such a setup? I didnt find any any floats, which would fit the flex connect arms properly, so I assume that they are pretty much not needed. Am I correct?

Thank you for your help.

Hi,

I cannot find better picture, but this is my rig:

SeaLife-rig.jpg

I had to drill bigger holes into floats to fit flex arms.
Still a little bit negatively buoyant, but better than without them.

I bought floats here: Carbonarm floating ring [FL/RING]

Thank you very much for the image. I had similar floats like you, but I wonder how you managed to make the holes bigger? I tried a hole saw, but it had no chance getting through.

I don't have much tools so I had to improvise a little bit.
I made the hole bigger with a standard drill bit.
Then I used half round file to make it look better.
And painted with black model colour.
But I'm sure, that there's a better way to do this. :)

Found one more picture...

View attachment 772422

Thank you very, very much for your reply. I sort of stole your concept and improvised myself:

I've used buoyancy floats with 60 mm diameter and filled the gap with foam, which I did cut with scissors:

One last question: What is the lens on the side next to your GoPro (not the filter above).

👍

I've used buoyancy floats with 60 mm diameter and filled the gap with foam, which I did cut with scissors:

Hope that the foam won't compress too much underwater and floats will still hold. :)

One last question: What is the lens on the side next to your GoPro (not the filter above).

That's a macro lens from PolarPro - SwitchBlade. But they don't make them anymore as far as I know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom